+6

I think with the new tax bill the typical American household, two parents, two kids, a few limited liability partnerships, a couple of individual real estate LLC’s, and three or four investment vehicles throwing off streams of passive income, will be doing quite well.

VicZincs avatar Law
6 72

Yepper.
The typical american. Couple of golf courses and a private jet or two.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +9Reply
@2705722

That's all we heard, wasn't it? How much in debt we were because of Obama. Even a guy on here was dissing Obama all the time because of that, and haven't heard one peep out of him the last few days.

Trumps will never bring their manufacturing businesses back to the states.....Ivanka would definitely lose money if that happened.

@2705813

Exactly. They won't do anything for their employees, and those that think they will, are living in a fantasy world.

@2705722

and I laugh when I hear the DEM's saying anything about raising the debt.

@2706021

No where near what Obama did. 1776-2008 0$-9 trillion in debt. 2008-2016 9-over 20 trillion. It’s terrifying. What USA collected in debt over 400 years Obama doubled in just 8 short years

So that deficit hawk talk was just talk? The hypocrisy of the GOP would be comical if it weren't for the fact that someone's going to end up paying for these corporate tax cuts.

@Carla They already have their bows aimed directly at social security and medicare.

Every American should be scared of that happening, and it will. They already tried to do away with Medicaid.

As usual the middle American got screwed. Thousands of Americans will lose their health care, which doesn't matter to the Republicans, they only think of themselves. The rich...(Trump and his cronies) are much richer and the middle class will be paying more. One consolation, as soon as the Republicans are out of office, this tax bill will be reversed.

@2705927

That's because the bill is a disaster.

@2706495

According to virtually every economist on the planet.

The video is a joke. There are aspects of the bill that I would be in favor of but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

@2706733

Would you like that alphabetically or in order of importance?
Mark Blythe
Richard Wolff
Robert Reich
Joseph Stiglitz
Gerald Celeste
The Wall St Journal
Bloomberg
Pretty much everyone outside the republican party,
RW talk and the influence of FOX news' knows it's another transfer of wealth. 1% gets 83% of the cuts.
And you think this will create jobs? Really? Why would it when they can inflate the price of their stock and get a better return? More money for nothing.
This won't do a thing for the working class. It will only widen the gap and create more poverty.
Trump saying he doesn't benefit is a flat out lie too.

@urwutuis pump and dump or buy backs.

Ahh, securities fraud. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but how often do you think a company could get away with that?

@Budwick Ahh, securities fraud. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but how often do you think a company could get away with that?

Buy backs are legal. Pump and dump is illegal but more prevalent on line. Enron got away with it for quite a while although I'm not sure exactly how long.

@urwutuis Buy backs are legal. Pump and dump is illegal but more prevalent on line. Enron got away with it for quite a while...

Buy backs are legitimate. If a company stock is undervalued, why not invest in it?

And, where is Enron now?

Look, if you're looking for a perfect world, you may as well look elsewhere in the galaxy.

@Budwick Buy backs are legitimate. If a company stock is undervalued, why not invest in it? And, where is Enron...

I'm not looking for a perfect world just trying to make a better one.

Buy backs are not an investment. It's using corporate funds to increase the value of existing shareholders stock by reducing the total stock available.

@urwutuis I'm not looking for a perfect world just trying to make a better one. Buy backs are not an investment. It's using...

Buying low selling high is a rather typical investment strategy.

Buying ones own stock does not on it's own affect the value of a stock. The issue is still in play unless it's retired / canceled.

@2706733

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!

@urwutuis That's because the bill is a disaster.

All the more reason your team should have offered input.

@Budwick All the more reason your team should have offered input.

It's not my team Democrats are as culpable as republicans if somewhat less Draconian, but they weren't invited. I don't think anyone knows all the things in it even now. But democrats merely create the illusion of choice. They justify each other's existence.

The typical American who owns a summer home and a winter home in addition to their normal home, and has their name on every fucking eyesore tower in NY. Its funny how those defending this bill aren't actually saying anything specific. How will this benefit someone working crazy shifts at wal mart to survive?

@TomboyJanet The typical American who owns a summer home and a winter home in addition to their normal home, and has their name...

The lower taxes will help everyone. If you would just stop shouting evil trump and listen for a second to people actually working. They are getting benefits from this tax cuts

You see an increase in your paycheck starting in February, when the new tables come out. It will be like getting a raise.

I know, awful - Amirite?

Well, I'm looking at a 7-8% raise in February. Very likely, [if you're working] you are too! And I don't even have a jet, or summer home!

@Budwick Well, I'm looking at a 7-8% raise in February. Very likely, [if you're working] you are too! And I don't even...

My tax bracket went from 25% to 22%. With the lowering of state and local tax deductions and perhaps I remain skeptical that we will get any raise. The proof will be in the pudding though.

@PhilboydStudge My tax bracket went from 25% to 22%. With the lowering of state and local tax deductions and perhaps I remain...

Yeah, if you live in one of those blue, high state tax states, your federal tax decrease may get gobbled up. But the limit is $10K. If you're paying more than $10K for state taxes, it's your state government you should be complaining to.

And, they're doubling the standard deduction too, so you may not need to itemize anymore.

@2706022

Who will pay more. You dems are rediculous. Looking for any way to defame trump no matter the cost. Who is going to pay more on taxes because of this? If you got the leader you wanted your taxes would have gone up and you would most likely support it

@2706022

You're welcome!

The heavy boot of government has been taken off the neck of the people by allowing them to decide if they need health insurance or not. I pay thousands in premiums, never meet the deductible and
straight pay for the few medical issues I have. I know too many who work to stay healthy but still have to pay for those who don't.
I don't know if the tax cuts will help me but I am happy to be in control of my health care decisions.

@urwutuis Without those people in the program rates will be going up.

They go up anyway and it not the healthy people who are using the system. At least now they have a choice in the matter.

@urwutuis What choices? The name of the insurance company?

Did you miss the part that says insurance is not mandatory? Once again Americans have a choice in whether to have it or not.

@ozzyboy Did you miss the part that says insurance is not mandatory? Once again Americans have a choice in whether to have...

Actually that;s not true. insurance is 'mandatory'. It s just that there is no penalty for not having it. An odd little quirk in the law, it does not remove the mandate, it only sets the penality at $0.

Oh, you think that's a choice.
So healthy people don't need coverage because they never get sick or injured and we want to go back to the old system because it was working so well.
That way we can have a pandemic along with increasing poverty.

@urwutuis Oh, you think that's a choice. So healthy people don't need coverage because they never get sick or injured and we...

I'm in favor of catastrophic insurance. I'm sick of paying up front for too many idiots who get sick because of behavior choices, poor eating habits, and generally living off of others.
I remember paying for my own Dr's visits and the insurance picking up the tab in serious situations.
The insurance companies and medical field are making a killing from the taxpayers who have to foot the bill.
Yes, I'll pay for the everyday medical bills and only use insurance for emergencies.

@ozzyboy I'm in favor of catastrophic insurance. I'm sick of paying up front for too many idiots who get sick because of...

The problem is the system. While everyone talks about lowering the cost of insurance they should be talking about lowering the cost of health care and education.
The best way is single payer. the paperwork alone would save billionsThe govt can negotiate drug prices like the VA. Cheaper simpler
There are a lot things that I would chose to not pay for before other people's health care.
I don't understand why we can't afford health care for all but we can maintain 1000 military bases to protect a bunch of unhealthy people.
I would put health care above bombing, Congress salaries and benefits, military aid, bail outs, tax cuts for people who don't need them

@urwutuis The problem is the system. While everyone talks about lowering the cost of insurance they should be talking about...

I think taking care of your health is your responsibility. I know, I know there are two words that libs hate, accountability and responsibility.
I don't want to pay for drinking, smoking, pot, aids or any of those choices because they are threats to health. Engage in them and you pay the medical costs for your decisions.
Our military needs to be strong in light of
all those who want to destroy our country including those from within. I appreciate our military, our police (most of them) and those who watch over us.
I do not appreciate lavish government employees who waste our hard-earned
tax money. I also don't think anyone should get money back on their taxes if they have not paid in any.
How about limiting the number of wives and children that the taxpayers will pay for. One wife and two children. Have any more and your pay for them.
Abortions, welfare costs, immigration costs, to name a few, will all go down. Perhaps then a single payer might work, but the costs and the spending on anyone and everyone will have to slow down.

@ozzyboy I think taking care of your health is your responsibility. I know, I know there are two words that libs hate...

Get off the RW lib denigration bullshit. I'm at least as responsible and accountable as you.
If you keep listening to that tripe it rots your brain and you begin to believe it.

"I don't want to pay for drinking, smoking, pot, aids or any of those choices because they are threats to health."
Are you going to put McDonald's on that list? Should fat people pay more? People who use too much salt?

I don't want to pay for shitty drivers but that's what insurance is.

We all pay for things we don't want but most of us realize that generally we are all better off when we work as a group.

We can't afford health care but we can bomb the shit out of the Middle East and maintain 1000 bases so you can feel safe.

@urwutuis Get off the RW lib denigration bullshit. I'm at least as responsible and accountable as you. If you keep...

McDonalds and the drug co's should have to pay for the crap they put out. The people who eat that crap on a regular basis should part more for their health care - it was their decision to eat that stuff. 70% of poor health is directly related to diet.
I get a good driver discount because I don't take chances when I drive and the co knows it.
I am totally ok with bombing those who kill others just because they don't think like them. What they do to gays and little girls makes bombing the fine with me. Yes, I feel safer with our bases out there which is why I take care good of my family and my health.
Too many are living off the taxpayer and this government just keeps importing more and more takers. It's got to stop.

@2706081

And liberals is worse. They increase taxes. Create new ones and go on more vacations

Surely you jest

I hope you're right.

Anonymous