PhilboydStudges avatar Countries & Places
10 17

True, in space we have no directions, there is no up or down but on Earth we have north south east west.

Damn Australian maps.

And I thought the 'Auto Rotate' feature on my phone was irritating!

But, I suppose if one is approaching Earth 'upside down' it might be helpful. But, I couldn't help but notice, there are no Denny's restaurant locations noted anywhere on this map!

Took me a second, phil..

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

which is why its absurd to think that all alien space ships would be oriented the same way. You might come face to face with an upsidown ship

Yeah, though Canadian and Russia look surprisingly bigger. But I remember reading maps are distorted at the extremes in some types of maps, I can't remember if it's our normal types or these type.

But really North is not really up, or South really down as it depends which way you're looking at it... it's possible they could even rotate it 90 degrees and have the equator go up and down the middle.

Also I just prefer the U.S.A. on the left side.... just saying.

It’s just upside down

@Anonymousmouse It’s just upside down

Only compared to what we're used to seeing.

It is a bit weird, at a first look, but it is simply upside down.
smile smilie

@Marianne It is a bit weird, at a first look, but it is simply upside down.

It's upside from what we're used to, but in reality the northern hemisphere is not up, and the southern hemisphere down.

@PhilboydStudge It's upside from what we're used to, but in reality the northern hemisphere is not up, and the southern hemisphere...

Lol - I don't know if you can call that upside down in space; the explanation is rather complicated, as earth and the other planets, including the satellite and the astronauts are all orbiting (and floating) - and there is only little gravity, of course, unless you are close enough to one of the planets to be attracted hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie ...

Anonymous