Do you like to share food?

...

Image for post Do you like to share food?
32% Yep 53% Nope 16% Other
primeiros avatar Food & Drink
6 31

Not so much right off of my plate, but I'll cook for anybody that's visiting.

@Will_Janitor Not so much right off of my plate, but I'll cook for anybody that's visiting.

I'll be sure to pop up for a visit, then. :P
Thank you for joining. :)

@2706997

Thank you for joining. :)
That does sound like a fun experience.

@2706986

Thank you for joining. :)

@2707065

Yeah, it's like that for me too. Although I really do love eating, I can't eat that much (at least not as much as the huge portions that they sometimes serve at restaurants).
Thank you for joining. :)

I will share pizza etc when I'm having a day off from my diet, or when out to dinner eating Thai food etc, but generally, all my food is calculated in advance and weighed so sharing that will just ruin the numbers for the day eek smilie

@OzSurfer I will share pizza etc when I'm having a day off from my diet, or when out to dinner eating Thai food etc, but...

Thank you for joining. :)
That is actually good - Congrats for taking so much care of your health. :)
While I'm not on a diet, I usually "eye-calculate" my portions, because I don't like to leave leftovers on the plate and I also don't like to eat so much that I get too "stuffed" and it becomes more daunting to get back to work afterwards. :P

@primeiro Thank you for joining. :) That is actually good - Congrats for taking so much care of your health. :) While I'm not...

That's very wise too in cacluating your portions. I think that you should only eat from a plate what you feel you require and leave anything extra, especially if it's fatty. I grew up with the idea that you ate everything put in front of you but that suggests the person making your meal understands your nutritional requirements which they wouldn't unless they kept a diary of everything you ate and your energy output etc. Yet I often get asked if I'm out, why did I leave food behind?

I don't really call what I'm on a diet as such, more a lifestyle change that I'm working on with my doctor, not because she suggested it, but I thought nobody else seems to have done what I'm doing, especially using the latest measuring apps and software, so the data collected over a year or two could be interesting. I'm getting three monthly blood tests for cholsterol as well as fitness tests etc. Plus I thought I might as well take the opportunity because if I had a normal lifestyle, there's probably no way I would be able to do this. I might blog about it in a year or two once I have some useful data.

@OzSurfer That's very wise too in cacluating your portions. I think that you should only eat from a plate what you feel you...

Yep, I agree. If I really feel that I've had enough and I'll feel excessively full if I continue, I usually don't try to stretch it. I will just not eat it, and will try to save it for later if possible (I really hate having to throw away food - not just because it's waste but... and this will sound silly... I feel sorry for it, lol).

If it's pieces of fat from meat, or chicken skin, or other things that are too fatty, though, then I will feel no guilt about leaving it over. I just don't like it.

Wow, I had no idea that what you were doing was such a detailed study. That's really cool! Maybe all that data could be fed into Elasticsearch or something.

I'll be interested in seeing this blog. :)

@primeiro Yep, I agree. If I really feel that I've had enough and I'll feel excessively full if I continue, I usually don't...

I’ve never heard of anyone feeling sorry for their food, this is a new one for me to consider :)
I don’t know that what I am doing is particularly scientific as it’s just one persons experience but I am learning a lot from it and my doctor says she finds the stats I’m garhering are giving her a unique insight, so might as well continue I guess. The thing with nutrition is, that with basically everyone on the planet, they all eat what they feel like or stop when they feel full or feel guilty about eating certain things or avoid others as they’re told they need to cut down etc. but it’s all random. So imagine actually working out exactly how many nutrients you need based on your level of activity then basing your eating solely around achieving that rather than for entertainment or because you feel hungry etc. it’d be like astronaughts eating on a trip to mars etc. Thats been my goal for the past year. So when someone says how much saturated fat should you eat or protein or carbs etc, I know exactly how much and can graph it. If someone says I’m too skinny and should eat a sandwich I know exactly how that sandwich will affect me hehe smilie

@OzSurfer I’ve never heard of anyone feeling sorry for their food, this is a new one for me to consider :) I don’t know...

lol - I know it sounds weird - let me try to clarify. :P Actually, it mostly happens when the food was cooked by a close person and they know that I didn't want to finish the plate - in that case I can feel a bit bad for not eating everything because I don't want to make them feel that I didn't like it. :P

If everyone did that same data gathering, I imagine every person might get different results depending on age and other differences - that would be interesting to see.

@2706996

lol! biggrin smilie
Thank you for joining. :)

Absolutely. The plate that some else orders always looks more interesting. I have no problem sharing food.

I share a lot. Sometimes my husband and I will split a meat when eating out. Only because the portions are so big, it's always enough for the two of us. Plus if cooking for a huge crowd, I share all the time.

@StarzAbove I share a lot. Sometimes my husband and I will split a meat when eating out. Only because the portions are so...

Thank you for joining. :D
Yep, some restaurants serve pretty large portions. Not too long ago, my brother and I were at a restaurant, and we ordered just one meal for we both to share, already expecting that it was going to be a large portion. We were in the same table as some work colleagues. The portion was so big, though, that just one meal was more than we both could handle. So we had to share part of it with the other people on the table. :P

Food on the table, in the refrigerator, in the pantry and even in the cupboards is fair game. Once it's on my plate, it's mine.,

I like sharing when I'm at a restaurant with family or friends. At home I have no problem eating the pizza crust my daughters' don't want.

Sometimes slash depending on who do I share it with

@Sunny_the_skeptic Sometimes slash depending on who do I share it with

Yep, for me it depends too. :P
Thank you for joining. :D

I like to eat my meal when I order out, just cause i eat slow doesn't mean someone else needs to stuff all his down then eat half of mine, same with drink.