-3

have liberals gone fully mad? seems like it, especially this past month here is what matt Damon said in short; make the punishment fit the crime. and liberal nazi's are loosing their collective heads over it.

for you liberals who have lost their minds, perhaps you have some common sense: i will reword what he said but using a different crime,scenario 1: lets say bob has an argument with Joe, bob gets angry and pops joe in the mouth, police arrive and arrest bob,

scenario 2: bob has an argument with Joe, Bob gets angry and pulls a gun amd kills Joe, police arrive and arrests Bob

now should Bob in Scenario 1 get the same sentence as Bob in Scenario 2?

now if we follow far left liberal logic, both scenarios deserve the same punishment, anyone who disagrees with them are lunatics and must be ostracized from society.

or should the punishment fit the crime? should bob in scenario 1 get life in jail like bob in scenario 2?

this is all Mat Damon was saying. he never enabled sexual harassment, he never supported it, he is as much against it as anyone else. only he said the punishment needs to fit the crime, not turn it into a witch hunt where everyone who looked at someone wrong's life gets ruined.
anyone with a sane mind liberal or conservative will agree with Matt damon, it is simply common sense.

too bad left wing extremists. cannot see this.

Petition calls for Matt Damon to be cut from all-female Ocean’s 8 for his #MeToo remarksReads the petition: ‘I’m calling on Oceans 8 producers George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh to toss Damon’s Oceans 8 cameo … on the cutting room floor’http://nationalpost.com/entertainment/celebrity/petition-calls-for-matt-damon-to-be-cut-from-all-female-oceans-8-for-his-metoo-remarks
Anonymousmouses avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 23

Matt Damon why is his opinion noteworthy? Actors are not important to the real world.

Left wing nut jobs.
What a bunch of whack a doodles!
What should we expect? I mean, they kill their babies for being inconvenient; Why not destroy their brethren for not towing the party line?

Some people get so emotional involved in certain topics that it impedes their ability to reason.

Because of this post I listened to what I believe was the entire interview with Matt Damon and I agree with him - not all sexual misconduct is the same. Whipping out your penis in front of female co-workers is screwed up, but it's not rape. The actions of each of the accused individuals needs to be scrutinized and if the accused are found guilty, their punishments should be proportional to their actions.

The people who created this petition or called out Damon for the interview are way too emotional.

MOST people I've heard or discussed the issue with, agree with Matt Damon. MANY of those people would be considered Liberals. Of course an unwelcome pat on the butt or kiss, is a way different crime than actual assault like rape, or even pleasuring oneself in front of somebody.

Matt Damon supposedly also ignored and even enabled his "friend" Harvey Weinstein's alleged very inappropriate behavior , by trying to quash a New York Times report that detailed the numerous allegations against him.
I do not know if that is true, but I certainly won't be signing the petition.

Whoever is upset over his remarks is an idiot.

It might be interesting to encourage an "ambulance chaser" type of lawyer to go talk to the guys who Joy Villa slapped on the ass and get them to file police reports for sexual assault against her. I wonder if that would make her withdraw the police reports that she filed?

Matt Damon is an idiot who should keep his mouth shut. Literally every thing he has said has been detractive, ignorant or poorly timed. Matt Damon said that the men who didn't assault anyone don't get talked about enough... YES THEY DO, literally they're celebrities, they get all the attention in general and we're not going to give men who don't rape prizes! You don't get special praise for being a normal human being who doesn't rape people!! He also said that he and the people he knows don't do that... WHO CARES?? Imagine a school shooting and Matt Damon's response was "I don't shoot kids and no one I know does"... you don't become a hero for such a stupid non sequitur. Also no the crimes aren't all the same, but they're all HEINOUS, there isn't a "oh he sexually assaulted that person? well at least he didn't rape them! welcome aboard buddy!", that's absurd. His input is WORTHLESS and he doesn't understand the situations these women are put in and shouldn't be given a voice in a subject matter he holds no weight in.

Do I think he should be written out of Ocean's 8? Not particularly. He hasn't committed such crimes as far as we know (which he felt the need to express proudly), so he doesn't seem like a danger. This specific movie would be the one to ban him from if there were any since it's basically a women empowerment movie, but I don't think he needs to get the boot.

@2708005

You tell me what punishment I said he deserves. I think your emotions are hindering your reading comprehension.

@2708062

lol I just wanna laugh at the guy replying to me all mad til he actually read what I said and he deleted his comments. Super weak.

Anyway, I think what you said is a case of two sexual assaults that should both be punished. Joy Villa and her assaulter are both bad people.

@Skr3wBall lol I just wanna laugh at the guy replying to me all mad til he actually read what I said and he deleted his...

I accidentally deleted
The comment. Stupid phone. And yes crimes should be punished. But not all crime deserves the same punishment. Something you snowflake liberals can’t seem to understand

@Skr3wBall I can't understand that? Interesting, then why is that exactly what I said?

Your attacking Mat Damon for saying the punishment needs to fit the crime. Your name befits you perfectly

@Anonymousmouse Your attacking Mat Damon for saying the punishment needs to fit the crime. Your name befits you perfectly

I'm attacking him for saying it as a response to the assaults. It's analogous to there being an epidemic of breast cancer and Matt Damon's response being "well there are different stages of cancer" which he would use to determine what people he should worry about. It's tasteless, pointless, and ignorant to bring that up right now. Rape/assault/misconduct should be condemned, I'm not gonna sit around and rank how bad they are, they're all bad.

@Skr3wBall I'm attacking him for saying it as a response to the assaults. It's analogous to there being an epidemic of breast...

yup let’s judge hitting someone with the same weight as murder. Lifetime jail for the lot of them.

Geez do you listen to yourself before you speak? Yes it’s all bad. But is not deserving of the same consequences/punishment.

PUNISHMENT NEEDS TO FIR THE FREAKING CRIME. that is ALL Matt Damon is saying. Are you capable of any kind of logic? Really is sounding like you aren’t

@Anonymousmouse yup let’s judge hitting someone with the same weight as murder. Lifetime jail for the lot of them. Geez do you...

Are you just ignoring what I said? Because I literally said the problem was with the timing of the statement, not the sentiment behind the words. The time you say something and the place you say something is important. I very literally stated that there is a difference between the severity of the crimes, never ever disagreed with that, you literally are arguing with a fictional representation of someone via me. I think he shouldn't've said it as a response to what is going on right now. Is there a way I can be more clear on this?

@Skr3wBall Are you just ignoring what I said? Because I literally said the problem was with the timing of the statement, not...

when is he supposed to say it? after the witch hunt is over? when exactly?

now is the exact time he needs to say it, especially when liberals want to destroy anyone who so much as looks at them the wrong way.

their is never a bad time to tell people to keep a level head, use common sense. and when people are going batshite crazy that is an EVEN BETTER time to speak common sense.

and punishment fitting the crime is 100% common sense.

@2708374

Are you supposing that the women's rights movements across history were intending to get to a point where men can slap their rears and go completely unpunished? Really?

Also I do know people who have been both sexually assaulted and physically assaulted otherwise, and it's quite frankly unimportant to the subject matter unless we were to talk about first hand experiences. If I came up to you and spanked you, you'd definitely consider it some kind of assault. 'Playfully' is entirely subjective; if the victim didn't feel it was playful, then that's the end of it.

Feminists don't make money when a woman says she's oppressed. That's ludicrous. Feminism is an ideology, set of morals and a branch of civil rights activism, not a multi-million dollar company or a government...

I, as a MAN, don't feel oppressed by Donald Trump being in charge, however women probably are aware that he has been accused of sexual assault more than once and has been caught on tape bragging about being able to get away with it. I'm sure that's not too farfetched to feel that many women think that's a dangerous person to give the most powerful position in the world. Also the LGBTQ+ community (the letters aren't that hard to memorize, it's a shame you still struggle with them) immediately felt the danger of Trump's presidency when the term "LGBT" was removed from the whitehouse.gov website on inauguration day... also pretty sure he tried to ban the word "transgender" from CDC documents? I think everyone knows which side he's on, and it's not the LGBTQ+'s.

Also yeah, just like you, I am well aware of the protests in Iran. I saw the video of the woman who removed it in an anti-government protest, along with many other Americans (amongst other videos of the protests). Of course I support her, but you're right I absolutely prioritize the people in my own nation because what right do I have as an American to interfere with another country? If I lived there, I'd protest there, but I don't so I'll deal with my own nation. That said: I know what it's like in other countries, but that doesn't diminish that not everything is equal here. Just because there's worse out there we don't ignore the rest of it. Am I supposed to not put a band-aid on a cut because someone else broke their legs? Are you nutty in the head? Also there is nothing ignorant about supporting a woman who wears a hijab and also the people fighting to take them off. If you haven't caught on yet, they're both fighting for the CHOICE! Some women WANT to wear them and they should be able to. Some women want to TAKE THEM OFF and they should ALSO be able to. Is there a way I can make this more clear for you?

lastly, your stance on abortion is narrow-minded, emotionally detached and simply impractical. backoff smilie

@2708711

Did you just threaten to hold my testicles? That's your massive retort? Your threat is BDSM? What kind of marine corps was that done at???

Also I doubt a pansy would slap anyone on the rear, that move takes a lot of moxie and very little morality.