VicZincs avatar Internet & Apps
10 22

I agree. It's not like it's your responsibility to see another person's potential. It might, however, be a rewarding experience for you.

I don't worry about other people's values, just my own. We are what we are, what we are.

It's not always subjective as you think, a person who is worth something must be useful for themselves at least, those who cant take care of themselves despite having the ability aren't worth much.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not always subjective as you think, a person who is worth something must be useful for themselves at least...

I disagree.

They re not worth much in your view. Look outside the box. Our society does not value consumers, failing to understand the contribution they make in terms of cash flow. Judging them as unwilling to contribute overlooks many aspect of what they do on a daily basis. You don't value those who sit around and watch Dr. Phil and then Facebook about bullshit all day long - that doesn't mean they are not contributing to society in ways unbeknownst to you.

@VicZinc I disagree. They re not worth much in your view. Look outside the box. Our society does not value consumers...

Our society values consumers more than most.
Global Advertising Market - Statistics & Facts

The spending on advertising worldwide has been increasing steadily and is expected to reach almost 550 billion U.S. dollars in 2017. North America is the region that invests most in the sector, followed by Asia and Western Europe. Middle East and Africa as well as Central and Eastern Europe spend least.

If consumers are so irrelevant, why do you think advertisers spend so much to get their attention? A hobby?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +3Reply
@Budwick Our society values consumers more than most. Global Advertising Market - Statistics & Facts The spending on...

Good point. It is not business that under values consumers, it is the average Joe. If the average person, such as yourself valued consumers you would support redistribution of your income to those most likely to spend every last penny and not to those most likely to invest.

@VicZinc Someone who understood economics?

No, I don't think so. Someone who understood economics would understand that redistributing the income of workers demotivates workers to earn, and demotivates non-workers from working.

http://www.aei.org/publication/...-always-fails/

"That you have trouble recognizing someone's value does not diminish them, it diminishes you."

Really?

I don't think, for example, that many of those who have trouble recognizing Trump's value would agree that it diminishes them.

Far from it. biggrin smilie

Anonymous