Looking back on all your employment history, which one type of employment lent you the most satisfaction?

Image for post Looking back on all your employment history, which one type of employment lent you the most satisfaction?
PartyOfOnes avatar
6 33

Working in Neonatal Intensive Care.

@2708408

I can't imagine what you went through to yield something as gorgeous as the cycle's paint job but that's truly impressive!!

When I had my custom cabinetmaking and furnituremaking business, the payoff for me was also that sense of satisfaction at the end of a job well done, so I can appreciate that feeling you mentioned ;D

Thanks for sharing a bit of your life - nice of you to share that :)

While I have you here, I'll wish you and yours the best of 2018.

This current job from which I'm retiring on Tuesday after 27 years. I had worked in the corporate world since 1965, but I'm so glad I found a niche in academia. It's been wonderful supporting professors and researchers who are doing what they love rather than trying to sell more "widgets" each year. I'm very grateful.

@PhilboydStudge Congratulations Jan! That's quite an accomplishment. Do you have any plans?

So far, planning to visit relatives in Florida and some local volunteer work. I've also signed up at the senior center ... they have a new gym and line dancing. a smilie

@JanHaskell This current job from which I'm retiring on Tuesday after 27 years. I had worked in the corporate world since...

That's quite a stretch at the same place - I'm glad that's kept you busy and pleased... you've certainly deserved that :D

Thanks for taking some time to share a bit more of yourself, that's appreciated :) Wishing you a pleasant 2018 and wonderful retirement, all the way through!

Being a stay-at-home Mom!

@StarzAbove Being a stay-at-home Mom!

That's definitely employment, and then some - I can vouch for that :D

Thanks for sharing! I'll wish you and yours the best during this upcoming year - let's hope it rocks ;)

@2708393

It sounds like you had a nice slice of paradise :D Not too many of those floating around :)

While I have you, best wishes to you and yours throughout the new year.

@2708434

I wouldn't envy you the 60 hours although I've worked that more than once. I'm glad you've had the positive experiences - a good deal of the workforce doesn't see much of that.

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you did :) and best wishes for every success throughout 2018.

Being one of the first software developers at a startup. I was the IT developer/manager responsible for customer billing.

@PhilboydStudge Being one of the first software developers at a startup. I was the IT developer/manager responsible for customer...

That seems a prestigious position - you get a high five for that ;D

Thanks for sharing your input :) and best wishes for every success with 2018 !!

@2708454

No... but they would not have been worth much by the time I left. smile smilie

The one I have now. It's my first real job after graduation, even though it's not in my studied field. However, it has given me new experiences and skills.

@cali93 The one I have now. It's my first real job after graduation, even though it's not in my studied field. However, it...

I'm honestly pleased that you've found something decent - you have a positive attitude and that's a big plus when trying to keep a job and find one. Wishing you many successes along the way toward your ultimate goal(s) and throughout our new year ;)

I liked having my own business - it ruined me for working for anyone else after that. It was a great time in the 80's and people would stand in line to hand me money. Was I ever spoiled!

@ozzyboy I liked having my own business - it ruined me for working for anyone else after that. It was a great time in the...

People standing in line to hand me money would've ruined it for me, too, lol. I'm glad to see you've had a nice helping of good fortune - you're certainly deserving ;D

Best wishes to you for a fortunate 2018 and many years after :)

@PartyOfOne People standing in line to hand me money would've ruined it for me, too, lol. I'm glad to see you've had a nice...

Thanks POO, it was fun but I really like being retired and not having to worry over the business bills.
May this world be good to you and your loved ones in the new year.

Hard to say, I love working so all my jobs were good for me.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Hard to say, I love working so all my jobs were good for me.

You've been fortunate to have work that waasn't taxing beyond the usual - that's enviable :)

Thanks, Lorraine, for posting - it's been appreciated :D