I don't see any reason to expel transgender people from military services - BUT I don't think it is a good use of taxpayer dollars to pay for gender change procedures.

Image for post I don't see any reason to expel  transgender people from  military services - BUT  I don't think it is  a good use of taxpayer dollars to  pay for gender change procedures.
55% Better to spend money on needy vetrans 0% Just say your thoughts on it all.. 45% Other
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 39

I agree that taxpayers should not have to pay for the choices others make.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Better to spend money on needy vetrans +7Reply

Transgender people should pay for their sexchange on their own and if they pass the tests the military has there is no reason not to enlist them.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Transgender people should pay for their sexchange on their own and if they pass the tests the military has there is...

Right about that it shouldn't matter what they are or were as military takes both men and women. I was watching a documentary that said it is troublesome on a submarine because there is no room for 3 different gender bathrooms. jeesh..same thing withe convicts, seems taxpayers get roped into paying for their foolishness as well. Isn't prison supposed to be horrible and teach criminals a lesson by making them suffer while in jail??

@2708932

"In other words, if it costs more to implement the regulation than the value given to a life x the number of lives it is estimated the regulation would save...it is not adopted."

Sounds like the "not being worth the cost or trouble to do this," scenario.

Again, why do we even have to know anyone's choices/desires? Just do the job, soldier or anyone else.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Better to spend money on needy vetrans +1Reply
@ozzyboy "In other words, if it costs more to implement the regulation than the value given to a life x the number of lives...

ozzy- I agree just do your job and nobody will bother you. That is my thought on many of the issues about sexual differences. How is anyone going to know what you do at home if you just leave it at home. But oh no people gotta yap yap about themselves and bring un needed attention to themselves. What did they expect to happen? Any pervert can do what they want like whips chains swinging lifestyle and nobody will care if they just keep i t to themselves confused smilie

@2709106

No one knows the mental stability of anyone and most will not talk about it. I know of suicidal people who followed through and it had nothing to do with sexuality.
How many have had suicide cross their minds in a painful, weak moment? 41% would be fairly low, IMHO.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Better to spend money on needy vetrans 0Reply
@2708932

Smart!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Better to spend money on needy vetrans 0Reply
@2708943

Thanks Boz.
Very much appreciated.

@2708942

OH GUN very good point I didn't know they won't take diabetics, OK they need to stay onn schedule and soldiers don't have that luxury.

I am against trans being in the military. The sole purpose of a military is to fight wars, not be a test bed for social experiments. A soldier should be ready to go to war after 10 weeks of basic training and 10 - 20 weeks of advanced training. A soldier should be able to serve for about 2 1/2 years, after training on a 3 year enlistment.
That's not going to happen when a person goes into the military with their sole purpose being getting a sex change. Between the surgery, therapy, psychological testing, adjusting to a new body, more therapy and hormone therapy, a typical person going through all this will not "serve", at all. They will not be physically or mentally fit for combat. (That's just a fact) Meanwhile, all this is done on the taxpayer dime.
How many here, who have served, wants to go into combat, or serve with a person who is experiencing 2 - 3 years of menopause?

@2708988

You should have a proper chat with my boobs, Bob. There's a thermo' layer between them.

@JustJimColo I am against trans being in the military. The sole purpose of a military is to fight wars, not be a test bed for...

3 years menopause - now that isn't always the case. It never did a thing to me, also never missed a day of work for menstrual cramps ( those people are totally whimmpy. Right women have to leave when they have a pregnancy because it is dangerous, being half a person might be dangerous also.

I think vets and, well, everyone, should get the exact same coverage that congress gets. Furthermore, people should be allowed to purchase additional coverage at their own expense, except congress - congress must vote for the level of coverage they want for themselves, their families and every other citizen without the right to to purchase additional coverage until they leave office.

@VicZinc I think vets and, well, everyone, should get the exact same coverage that congress gets. Furthermore, people...

Ya Ya congress and all elected officials will never vote to make their extras and overly abundant perks - obsolete. People have been complaining for the last 40 years I can remember, but nothing ever happens. If anyone finds a real campaign to make that happen - Tell us all about it. pce smilie

I agree. A lot of people are just using the military to cheat them out of free sex change operations, but banning all transgender people from the military wasn't the best solution. Just stop paying for their operations, after all it's not a life or death situation. It's like if the military was paying for people's liposuctions or collagen injections.

Thedudeyouhatetomeets avatar Thedudeyouhatetomeet Better to spend money on needy vetrans +2Reply
@Thedudeyouhatetomeet I agree. A lot of people are just using the military to cheat them out of free sex change operations, but banning...

Tdude- - I don't know about that - going into the army or any of the military services is pretty frightening and probably real men and women don't treat trans too well/ YES Right life saving and excellent normal regular medical needs only for all service persons should be a notation when people sign up to serve. allthethings smilie

@2708884

Now nothing, I don't know how to change the rules

@2708910

But do transgender people really distinguish themselves enough for us to give them all that extra medical attention and expense. Now if transgender people became super soldiers after they changed that would be one thing. I think they probably accomplish less than others due to their whimsy spirit and crazy thoughts. puke smiliepuke smilie

@2708910

So does my mortgage.
What does that have to do with the price of buttermilk?

Having transgender people is the best way to fuck with the enemy. We get the Russians (sorry, Masha) confused and boom! That was that and that is the way we will conquer Northern Ireland or Korea as well.

I'm a kangaroo.

When will I get compensation from Australia? Huh?!!

I agree with what you said.It makes one wonder if that's why they join.