+21

It's not your 'choice' to wear hijab if you'll be punished for choosing not to. That's not how freedom of choice works.

Image for post It's not your 'choice' to wear hijab if you'll be punished for choosing not to. That's not how freedom of choice works.
TiffanyRichardsons avatar Religion
5 17

People should be able to wear anything they want, but if making it illegal protects women from having it forced on them by their men then it seems like a positive step to me.

@2709582

You're right, those kinds always have to be in control, but at least that would be one less way their new society wouldn't be enabling them.

@2709582

You're right, it would. And so we ban that, and the next thing, and it becomes harder and harder for them to hide their abuse behind claims of religious laws or 'for her own good' and becomes more blatant for what it is - any way to oppress women.

@2709582

If that's all it does, then those men should be imprisoned or deported, preferably the latter.

@2710334

Nobody said all. Only the ones that would be subject to it.

I gave two options, after all.

@dru18 Not making any sense again, I see.

You wouldn't understand good sense if it came along and bit you on the tail, as you've amply proved on many occasions, Flopsy. biggrin smilie

@OzSurfer People should be able to wear anything they want, but if making it illegal protects women from having it forced on...

Oye, thanks for the e-mail... Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, but I was off the grid.

@2709528

I suppose that would be true, especially if it happened.

I think I will carry on not wearing one. Wintertime in Finland can be a bit tricky, no matter what, if anything, one chooses to wear. I'm waiting for the first weird shit storm, with frogs in it, of 2018...

Sharia law oppresses women, what a big surprise.

Hijab? ...Isn't that Arabic for head-job?

So you just want Islam to be banned? Because hijaab is nothing but a part of the islamic belief. People usually describe the use of hijaab for the purpose of “Obeying their religious scripts.” Rather than a “Fear of punishment.”

Thanks to the Anti-Islam attitude in people, it’s more of a punishment to wear hijaab rather than not.