+10

Happy Fat Cat day. Today marks the day when the average CEO has already earned as much this year as the average worker will earn during the rest of the year. January 4th. Fantastic!

VicZincs avatar Holidays & Birthdays
7 33
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Interestingly enough I found this 2007 WSJ article "CEOs Deserve Their Pay", and it was written by none other than Robert Reich (Inequality for All, The One Percent, and Saving Capitalism to name a few).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB118972669806427090

I still think their pay is outrageous, but I'm not in the class that gets to decide these things.

@2709957

No argument here.

I imagine that intrest has earned most of those people more than many make in a lifetime.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +8Reply

Like usual, you're full of crap. You post lies and then try to defend them, hoping everyone reading your post is stupid. The average CEO salary in this country is 164K

https://www.payscale.com/resear...r_(CEO)/Salary

According to your calculations, the average worker in this country makes about $1,500 a year.

The average salary for ceos, in the top 500 businesses, was over 13 million as of 2016.
In 2014 the ratio between the average worker and the average ceo was 303-1.
Just sayin'.....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply
@Carla The average salary for ceos, in the top 500 businesses, was over 13 million as of 2016. In 2014 the ratio between...

The average for the top 20 companies in the US is 36 million. The top CEO took home 237 million.
But.....
The original post said the "average" CEO, which is only 164K. Almost half of 1,700,000 CEO's make between 100K and 250K. It was an implication that CEO's are ALL making a ton of money. That's not true. Only 2% of that 1,700,000 make 3 million or more a year.

Just trying to keep the posts honest Carla. :)

@JustJimColo The average for the top 20 companies in the US is 36 million. The top CEO took home 237 million. But..... The...

There is 127 million employed people in the USA. 1.7 million are CEOs? 1 out of every 75 workers is a CEO?

OK then, I guess I am wrong. If you want to call the owner of a corner store a CEO. The boss of a bike shop or the president of a dry cleaner with 6 employees a "CEO".

@VicZinc There is 127 million employed people in the USA. 1.7 million are CEOs? 1 out of every 75 workers is a CEO? OK...

Not my facts. "I'm" not calling anyone a CEO. A CEO is a legal term for a particular registered position. It's the governments facts on how many people are registered as CEO positions.
Now if you are claiming the only "real" CEO's are people who make tens of millions a year, I suggest you take that up with business owners and tell them to change their title to better suit you. BTW, the CEO's who make less than 100K a year are only 7% of the CEO's.
Since you are trying to be clever and imply I am calling a bike shop owner or dry cleaner owner a CEO, please enlighten me, since I've never mentioned ANY company. I simply pointed out you post things that aren't true. I guess you think owning a corner store or owning a bike shop or owning a dry cleaners is somehow beneath being considered a "real" company because they don't measure up to you criteria. I'm not the one belittling "what kind of business" are significant Vic. You are. You just didn't like the numbers. You said the average CEO makes more in three days than the average worker makes all year. That's your socialism side showing.

@VicZinc What part of "OK then, I guess I am wrong." do you want me to repeat?

Just once more. This time with sincerity. [You might have some (sincerity) in that top cupboard, way in back behind the truth and honesty.]

@VicZinc I was wrong. In my company the CEO gets $5.7 Million. Or $15k a day.

Does that bother you?
Do you think you should have some of that money?

@Budwick Does that bother you? Do you think you should have some of that money?

I am the CEO. And no I don't, which is why I give it away.

@VicZinc I am the CEO. And no I don't, which is why I give it away.

Well, how about that!
I'm a worker bee. I don't make as much as your math error ($5.7 Million. Or $15k a day. - NOT).

Does it make you feel better when you give your money away? Or, do you need to tell people about your generosity to 'get the buzz'?

@VicZinc I helps to brag

One of the measures of whether a thing is worth doing is if you feel the need to brag about it. Bragging shows that perhaps you didn't get as much out of it as you were hoping. You can stop the bragging anytime you want by eliminating the negative self-esteem beliefs and the survival strategy beliefs that cause it.

You're welcome.

@VicZinc Thanks Dr. Freud.

People who brag may think it makes them look good, but it often backfires, new research suggests. Self-promoters may continue to brag because they fundamentally misjudge how other people perceive them, according to a study published online May 7 in the journal Psychological Science.May 15, 2015

Satan pays me for protection against sudden fire damages.

You can't ask for a fairer distribution than that.

What do I care what business executives make?
There will always be someone that makes more or less than I do.
Maybe those that get so upset over people having far better paying jobs either get one of those jobs for themselves or learn to deal with the vice of envy. - Not pretty. By the way, when you get one of the CEO jobs, there's a good chance that some CEO's will be making more than you!

@Budwick What do I care what business executives make? There will always be someone that makes more or less than I do...

Then there are actors getting over 20 million per movie, and athletes making over 20 million for 6 months work..

Because the concentration of wealth is dangerous. That's why 90% of the population has no influence whatsoever on govt policy
Any type of democracy is impossible under the conditions that exist today and it's about to get worse.
This is how dynasties and dictatorships are built.

There isn't a CEO job on the planet that's worth $350,000 a day when the median wage of the company is $60,000 a year.
Or maybe you think that's a fair distribution.

Wall St and finance are leeches on the economy.
They contribute nothing of real value to the society they bleed.

Inequality is the cause of most social ills. The wider the gap, the worse it gets. That's why we have some of the highest infant mortality, teenage pregnancy, alcoholism and violent crime rates in the developed world.

A few months ago I was working on a 9000 sf house, one of several, where the 65 year old couple who own it have never had a job in their entire lives.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

Anonymous