Mazes avatar Law
1 5

I just read the whole executive order and it looks like it applies to foreigners only, and not US citizens.

If someone else has a different take on it after "reading" the order, please let me know. (I just want to know if I misread it or missed something.)

@2710102

I personally would have liked a phrase in there about going after corrupt political officials....from THIS country.

@JustJimColo I just read the whole executive order and it looks like it applies to foreigners only, and not US citizens. If...

I'm no legal expert, but the order seems to be directed at the assets of Americans who are engaging in human rights abuses and corruption with foreigners.

I hereby determine and order:

Section 1. a) All property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person of the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in"

@Maze I'm no legal expert, but the order seems to be directed at the assets of Americans who are engaging in human rights...

Here is what swayed me into believing it applies to foreigners..

I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, find that the prevalence and severity of human rights abuse and corruption that have their source, in whole or in substantial part, outside the United States, such as those committed or directed by persons listed in the Annex to this order,...

Also the list of people in the Annex, were all foreign nationals.

(It will have to be interpreted by a lawyer into "real people" language before I can understand it)