-1

Honesty is strength. So use of arms is but a sign of cowardice

Courage and velour is nothing but the firmness to stand by the truth even in adverse situations. Fighting with arms and ammunition is simply a sign of cowardice. Invention of arms is the result of fear for life because of a feeling of guilt. Wars are fought to assert nations' supremacy at the cost of truth and honesty. One country lying to another country is commonly seen.If nations speak the truth there will no be no need to produce arms. Only when we stop producing arms and ammunition the world will see peace on earth

Image for post Honesty is strength. So use of arms is but a sign of cowardice
ezhils avatar Technology
1 27
@2709995

I'll take the word of those who have faced real bullets over that of an armchair philosopher anytime.

What about the time when you are being attacked by people with weapons? Will you stand by your point and stay idle as your enemies slaughter your people? Just to remain true to your philosophy?

The earth is full of the bones of pacifists who hoped in the goodness of people

@Sunny_the_skeptic What about the time when you are being attacked by people with weapons? Will you stand by your point and stay idle...

When the crap hits the fan, the pacifists generally cower in hiding and wait for the men and women with courage to go out and defend them. That's the way it always has been and always will be. Pacifism
is just an excuse many cowards use to have others fight their battles.

As a side note, how are all those gun free zones, like Chicago and Baltimore faring these days?

@PhilboydStudge You two are wrecking my whole mood over here.

We try. LOL
Hows this?... Got my wife a 380 pocket pistol and sent her to a conceal carry class for Christmas. She got some serious range time after Christmas. (An elderly friend of hers was robbed and beaten up a year ago) Nobody there to help.

I once tried to negotiate with a bullet.

I lost, but I still think I was having the right to present my case, before I had to shoot the guy. One shoulder, one life. It was a mismatch, I have to agree. I fucking hate the former Yogort.. Youg... Youg.. Yog... Something + slavia. I also hate the UN peace corp.

@ZonkeyBalls I once tried to negotiate with a bullet. I lost, but I still think I was having the right to present my case...

But were you completely honest with the bullet? Perhaps if you had been, the strength of your honesty would have caused the bullet to just ricochet off your shoulder.

@Maze But were you completely honest with the bullet? Perhaps if you had been, the strength of your honesty would have...

I think it had an on-going romantic dispute over my elbow. Some body parts, you can never trust.

Well Ezhil, you can hold 'em off with your courage and velour fabric while I run back to the cabin to grab some weapons that might actually save our asses!

Maybe before we stop making weapons, we get the nations to be honest with each other first - you know, just in case.

On the brighter side, Trump was brutally honest with North Korea, telling 'em don't mess with us or you'll be vaporized. So far, so good!

Peace, out.

Nice thought but totally unrealistic. If we don't produce weapons people will just kill each other with rocks, sticks, kitchen knives, and their bare hands. It has been this way since the beginning of written history.

I agree with most above in that it would be nice but is almost impossible to imagine.

I won't disagree with your post though because believing peace is impossible will undoubtedly make it impossible (aka. a self-fulling prophesy).

"Honesty is strength. So use of arms is but a sign of cowardice"
.

"Honesty is strength" ... is that even true? It's a virtue, no doubt about that, but is it strength? Well no, honesty is honesty, strength is strength. Saying honesty is strength is like saying pizza is ice cream.

The ability to defeat an opponent in battle is a form of strength, and "use of arms" is a necessary component of that ability. Thus, use of arms is an application of strength.

If you're being invaded, what's honesty going to do to protect you? Are you going to confront enemy forces by telling them it's not nice to invade people?

To engage in combat is one of the most terrifying things you can do, some survivors never recover from the psychological shock of it, so those who put themselves forward to "use arms" exhibit great courage.

Let us be different from the barbaric early man.
Guns were the invention of frightened and devilish minds. People are shot at because of some misunderstanding. May be because of fanaticism of many isms like communalism, castism, language chauvinism etc etc.So the way out of this imbroglio is removing those fanatic ideas. It cannot be remedied by producing guns and missiles as the basic cause for the provocation remains. Let us not shy away from solutions. Let us not be fatalistic in our outlook. Let us try to create a better world by being humanistic. Let the world be devoid of fanaticism of religions, languages, castes and many such isms that create alienation between individuals and the nations. Let us propagate the idea of TRUTH which is the biggest casualty in this world of materialism full of parochial and selfish minds.

Not willing to change one's attitude towards better things is a dangerous trend.
Probably the parenting methods have something to do with this stubbornness of individuals.Let us not call yearning for a better world as utopian. We are living in a sick world.We may not be able to prevent the sickness immediately but the sickness has to be at least treated by some available medicines.
The idiotic world, with lot of cowards, will make arms at the cost of people's welfare and find some rationality for using them. Great thinking!
People do not see the beauty around because their minds are utterly dirty. Many lead a temporary life throughout. In this real world with firearms in households, sometimes even in children's hands, children coming back from school safely is not guaranteed!

Mahatma Gandhi of India has said that a soldier is a trained murderer. Wars are inhuman. Killing other people in the name of patriotism, sovereignty etc is a crime committed against humanity. Concepts and philosophies are for the whole humanity. Individual incidents or experiences cannot be generalised. Killing others with weapons either by civilians or military personnel is nothing but a crime. The fanaticism of nationality or such things has no licence to take the life of other human beings. It is barbarism.

DNAs should change over time. That is how evolution took place. People who want to be primitive with their little experiences cannot dictate to others.Great minds have always spoken against wars. Political class will not come under this category. Trying to safeguard one's territory is an animal instinct, only animals are known to mark their own territory. More than that territory itself is an undesirable concept. It was neither made by god nor nature.It is purely man made , made by settlers arbitrarily. What sanctity they have to influence people to act in a particular way.

the world is not always a nice place--because of people like you

True...Honesty is strength..but if that's all you bring to a gunfight..

You'll honestly be dead..

There are times when using a firearm is a perfectly rational choice, not cowardly at all.

@2710423

Maybe we should give a utopian world a shot. biggrin smilie