Do you accept sacrificing your Fourth Amendment rights to prevent another 9/11?

I've heard the purpose of the Constitution is to protect us from the government. Surveillance on all citizens is clearly Constitutional.

Dan Carlin on Snowden and Surveillance (audio only) - YouTubeTo hear the rest of this podcast and other great podcasts go to http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/cs If you can please donate to Dan Carlin so he can continu...https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3974s&v=vmzehcUBulAImage for post Do you accept sacrificing your Fourth Amendment rights to prevent another 9/11?
5% Yes 79% No 11% False dilemma 5% Other
PhilboydStudges avatar Politics
6 16

The starting of a police state by eliminating the 4th amendment isn't the solution.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security. He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. "

Old uncle Ben Franklin had a pretty clear stance on the matter but I guess people didn't have the same issue like 200 years ago. With all that's happening in the US people are running out of options.

@2710567

Typo. I meant unconstitutional. Thanks for pointing that out.

I’m probaly misusing the quote but here goes

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

No. Taking our rights will not prevent terrorism.

It seems to me that people are so wild and mixed up. Not very many are responsible enough to own guns. I wish gun licenses were like care drivers licenses, that you had to prove you know the rules and that you are sane . If not no gun for you.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred It seems to me that people are so wild and mixed up. Not very many are responsible enough to own guns. I wish gun...

I've looked at one of the tests for US gun ownership, it's pretty much a "do you have common sense" test. Unfortunately the test doesnt cover whether a person will one day decide to go crazy with those things.

Metal detectors detecting potential criminal weapons is not against the First Amendment. It's a private company policy. In almost every company. JFK is an example of this. They're a private airport, and metal detectors are doing their job.