If everyone takes the local "shortcut", and jams it with so much traffic that it takes 10 minutes longer to get to your destination, it's not really a shortcut. Amirite? Do you have this type of shortcut in your town?

There's a shortcut that goes past my house. It's bumper to bumper almost always, while the main road is mostly clear, because everyone is on the "shortcut". Yet drivers think they are still taking a shortcut.

Image for post If everyone takes the local "shortcut", and jams it with so much traffic that it takes 10 minutes longer to get to your destination, it's not really a shortcut. Amirite? Do you have this type of shortcut in your town?
COGSPIs avatar Jokes & Humour
5 6

Yes, because of bridge construction this past summer. But it's fixed now, and everything is back to normal.

We have some of those. They dont cause that kind of traffic out here, though.
Our roads are hugely affected by harsh weather. When a road gets attention, large trucks will use the repaired road until it falls apart again, it is a vicious circle.

Actually, no, because we have clever people doing some krap you wouldn't even think was possible. But then again, I live in a civilized country, where cyclists and walkers have their own pathways to carry on.

Many people amaze me. So easily mind conditioned.