+6

This is Emmanuel Mensah, an immigrant from Ghana and member of the Army National Guard, who died recently to save 4 people from a fire. He may be from a "sh*thole country", but he's done more for fellow Americans than Trump ever will. Amirite?

Image for post This is Emmanuel Mensah, an immigrant from Ghana and member of the Army National Guard, who died recently to save 4 people from a fire. He may be from a "sh*thole country", but he's done more for fellow Americans than Trump ever will. Amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
7 22
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The government of some of those countries have enriched themselves at the expense of their people. It is disgusting how much money was poured into Haiti and very little got to the people. If he was referring to the the government, he was right. The people should be taken care of in their own countries.

@ozzyboy The government of some of those countries have enriched themselves at the expense of their people. It is disgusting...

Yes usa never has owned hati why are they our responsibility? Blame the countries who put people there then left. I don't know which for sure but it was france spain , england or dutch

There are a lot of shithole countries. I've been to some, including the middle eastern countries. There are also quite a few shithole cities in the US. People need to call em what they are instead of pretending they aren't.

@JustJimColo There are a lot of shithole countries. I've been to some, including the middle eastern countries. There are also...

In that same vein we also need to stop pretending our President isn't a complete shithead.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +2Reply
@PhilboydStudge In that same vein we also need to stop pretending our President isn't a complete shithead.

What legislation or executive orders has he helped pass, or sign, do you disagree with Phil?

@JustJimColo What legislation or executive orders has he helped pass, or sign, do you disagree with Phil?

Jim, even if I agreed with every single piece of legislation/executive order the President has helped pass, it wouldn't change my opinion of him as a human being. He's a disgrace.

To answer your question, here are several I disagree with:
Gorsuch confirmation to Supreme Court
Tax Cut Bill
Ending Clean Power Act
Withdrawal from Paris Climate Agreement
Repeal of Individual Mandate
Ending restrictions which prevented police from obtaining military weapons

And here are a few I do agree with:
Pulling out of TPP
Military's victories over ISIS

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +1Reply

I like him and all he is doing.It's people like you that are Sh-t Heads.

To be fair, some countries aren't exactly pleasant places to live in. That doesn't mean everyone from there are pieces of shit. Most people in such countries just don't have the opportunities to better themselves. This guy was able to make something respectable of himself, and he ended up being a hero, because the opportunities he had in a western nation.

Besides, people call places such as the US south, US midwest, western Canada, and eastern Europe shitholes all the time, even generalizing everyone from there and painting them all as backwards pieces of shit... the same people who are flipping out over the "shithole countries" remark.

President Trumps comments could have serious consequences if Haiti and the African country's response, is to cut aid to the United States......

@JustJimColo President Trumps comments could have serious consequences if Haiti and the African country's response, is to cut...

LOL -- I'm so worried about the serious consequences of Haiti and African countries who are offended cutting aid TO the United States.

I think trump was incorrect in saying what he did, but we should encourage the best and brightest to come there not the poor and uneducated. There is a city called Lewiston here in Maine, they started inviting a few people to the town from Nigeria i think it was . Now Lewiston has gone bankrupt from all the welfare they had to give to people who have lots of kids - can not or will not work.

So, McFly, have you made vacation arrangements for Haiti yet? Or any other of these countries that take the US funding, yet do very little if anything to improve the lives of the people there. Maybe it's time for those citizens to change things at home instead of running to another country.

I don't know that this is the best way to prove the point, but yes, Mensah has given more for America than Trump. But then again, I have a very low opinion of Trump.

ajmsituations avatar ajmsituation Yeah You Are +3Reply

Why are you calling Ghana a "shithole country". That's not very nice.

I remember how disappointed I was, after risking my own life, in the chopper. I was acting as an emergency pilot, not really as one of the team, just backup. And... Well... The one fucking time I needed to take Super Puma for an actual mission, I sort of saved 23 lives from a huge house fire. Not one word of gratitude. Well, one, but that doesn't really count, does it, since it wasn't from one of the probable victims. Just her grandma. Which is both very nice and very weird.

@ZonkeyBalls I remember how disappointed I was, after risking my own life, in the chopper. I was acting as an emergency pilot...

You've been around the block enough times to never expect gratitude from those you help. Many have grown to expect others to risk their lives for them.

Yes, but Mickey Mouse has done more for America than Trump has.