Anti-DACA Democrats to shut down government?

The photo was taken in September of 2017 - four months ago. THEN, the dems were all about DACA - today, they're throwing the DACA kinds under the bus along with US Military, S-Chip and more. For what?

Despite Trump's potty mouth, things are getting done for a change. I think the dems see progress under a republican president as threatening.

Image for post Anti-DACA Democrats to shut down government?
0% The dems care more for their party than DACA kids 22% The dems care more for their party than US Citizens 22% The dems care more for their party that National Security 11% The dems care more for their party than success of the nation 22% All of the above 22% Other
Budwicks avatar Politics
3 39

I'm tired of this crap from Congress. If they can't do their jobs and shut down the government, then they (and their entire staff) should forfeit their own paychecks during the shutdown and should NOT be paid retroactively! Either do your job or be replaced!

Seonags avatar Seonag The dems care more for their party than US... +4Reply

I have no affiliation or loyalty to either party. It's important to Dems and Repubs that the other be blamed, but I'm not interested in this debate. Most politicians are more interested in keeping their jobs than representing the people.

@PhilboydStudge I have no affiliation or loyalty to either party. It's important to Dems and Repubs that the other be blamed, but...

"Most politicians are more interested in keeping their jobs than representing the people." - 100% agree!

@2713777

But, the wall was a significant thing in Trumps platform. And, pay attention here - he won the election! The people want border security - whether a physical wall or whatever. Dems won't play ball - even at the cost of those precious children! The children Linn - think if those children! Do you really want to turn your back on the poor children? Throw them back to evil drug cartels and human trafficking?

@2713857

You need some additional info apparently. Everyone, even Trump knows that there are areas where a wall is inappropriate. His comments saying so may not have been covered on your news outlets the last few weeks.

Like so many things, government stuff gets bundled. The DACA language is in the bill.

The cartels had Obama forcing law enforcement looking the other way while they imported heroin - so you're right, they are very creative. Better border security is imperative! Throwing up your hands and exclaiming 'there's nothing we can do', just doesn't sound very proactive.

And finally, please don't start with insults. I am quite capable in that arena. Even if you were get the last word, you'll end up being upset all weekend.

@2713874

Apparently, bundling IS a requirement from the republican perspective.

Democrats will need to learn some stuff about negotiating. Stomping feet and whining doesn't always work.

@2713890

irrespective of which party does it.?
How about this time? It's the dems.

@2713897

The current issue to be resolved is one caused by the democrats.

@2713913

Well, that's interesting. I bet that's the thing the 9th Dist said Trump could not rescind - but the Supreme Court will be looking at.

If the Supreme Court goes Trump's way, then I guess he could just reverse the order. Hmmm, sounds like congress has a better deal pending if democrats will negotiate.

@2714936

I get it, I understand. Many of the same arguments given back in the 80's for the last amnesty.

It gets a little old when we're stuck 'doing the right thing' over and over for all the people that didn't do the right thing in the first place!

@2715345

Sounds reasonable, sounds even familiar!
As long as democrats require a permanent underclass to keep voting them into office, there will continue to be immigration problems.

That wall will never be built. The land right up to the border is owned by someone, they aren't going to just turn over their land to the government so they can build a wall. The government will have to purchase all that land, plus enough more to put a road to run along the wall for maintenance, That's going to cost Trillions, not billions.

@Budwick Thanks so much for your input Flanders!

I certainly don't have all the answers, but it seem to me the immigration problem can be handled by simply requiring all employers to use e-verify. Sure a few may slip through, but it would prove to be pretty effective and at no real cost to taxpayers. As far as the DACA kids, most have lived here for the majority of their lives, and they should have a path to citizenship in my opinion.

I do believe the Constitution needs to be changed where anchor babies are not automatically U.S. Citizens. We can deliver the baby but they should be whatever nationality the mother is. Again just my opinion, not even sure how feasible that is, but it would be worth Congress discussing.

@2713917

California in the 80s I think it was voted overwhelmingly to not allow illegals any welfare, or medical and not allowed in the schools. It was overturned by the Supremes. So much for the will of the people.
I have no problem helping someone in an emergency, but don't want to support someones lifestyle if they choose not to learn the language or work.
I do have a different opinion on those brought over here as children. They had no choice, the parents wanted a better life for their children, and there is nothing wrong with that.

@Flrdsgns I certainly don't have all the answers, but it seem to me the immigration problem can be handled by simply...

Republicans are ready to sign off on the unconstitutional DACA program. Democrats are not.

Everify would be nice to track people coming here to work. It does nothing in regards to immigration, slowing drugs or terrorists.

Don't mention your anchor baby concept to any democrat. They'll not be friendly about it. And, the first sentence appears to be opposed the second. So, I guess I'm confused.

@Budwick Republicans are ready to sign off on the unconstitutional DACA program. Democrats are not. Everify would be nice...

I have no problem with a hospital delivering a baby, but if the mother is not a citizen, I just wouldn't make them a citizen. I am a life long Democrat, but tend to be more moderate than many. I don't like the extreme left end of the progressives any more than I like the extreme alt right people. I believe most people in this country fall into the left or right of center with the emphasis on center.

@Flrdsgns I have no problem with a hospital delivering a baby, but if the mother is not a citizen, I just wouldn't make them...

Ahh, a thinking Democrat! I am so pleased to make your acquaintance! I seriously have great respect for that.

And, I happen to agree with your thinking regarding the anchor baby thing.

I noticed in another of your posts that you live in SoCal. Is it difficult living there with your independent thinking? I think it would drive me nuts!

@Budwick Ahh, a thinking Democrat! I am so pleased to make your acquaintance! I seriously have great respect for...

Not difficult at all. I'm 3rd generation SoCal native, and I've found most people here are friendly and helpful. California is fairly liberal, but not nearly as bad as most think. This state has elected several republican governors and assembly members. The problem with the republican party in California is they insist on running very conservative candidates and they will never win here. A moderate republican has a very good chance of being elected though. Our state assembly is made up of too many democrats and we need some moderate republicans to counter them. I wish the California GOP would wise up and nominate some moderates.

If the repubs give in on DACA they will not have anything to bargain with over the other issues. The gems can not be trusted over anything. Neither sides are totally trustworthy which is why Trump got in office. He has really shaken both sides by trying to help America.
"Dreamers" are getting their dreams at the expense of hardworking, taxpaying citizens. Who has paid for them? Not their parents - the American people have.