StarzAboves avatar
16 43
@2714124

I agree or when they do it to hurt someone.

@2714124

or bad mouthing becomes a regular practice towards anyone when a different opinion is presented. I know such a person here who absolutely detests any opinion but theirs to the point of making you look bad for having this opinion.

@StarzAbove I've ran into a few of those types on this site too.

Yes sure, you and I have had our conflicts too for which I'm sorry now, since we talk now.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Yes sure, you and I have had our conflicts too for which I'm sorry now, since we talk now.

Thank you for saying that, but not everyone gets along all the time. We both had our say, and that's what this site is for.

@2714129

To me it's not about being right or wrong, but more like not being so closed off and set in one state of mind. We're just people, most of the time our opinion is not even our own but rather the thought of someone that is backed by many others.

@2714132

Exactly, for example we both know that our solar system is composed of a star and 9 planets that gravitate around it. That is considered a fact although neither of us has practically seen any of those (except for the sun) but we assume it's true because people considered smart by many say so. But at least things like this can be proven, unlike theoretical concepts and all the other information that we have spent our life learning.

I had never thought about this until we had a lecturer tell us that we actually know nothing for ourselves but rather repeat the findings of other people.

@2714136

It's amazing to deposit valuable information for future generations but it's also kinda scary that it's all more or less subjective no matter how hard we try.

People who do that have low self esteem, and when they bully and bad mouth others, it makes them feel good. Pathetic.

To give proper opinion I need context, it could be a defensive mechanism towards anyone who challenges the belief of a narrow minded person or childish rivalry that results in bad mouthing because they find no other way to win a verbal argument.

@2714171

lol Evidently the internet is their life or they wouldn't be doing that stuff.

I pay no attention to them...but when I do say something it's usually: "If I agree with you, will you go away and leave me alone."

@2714225

That's very true. And you and I have been through all of that and we're still standing. lol

@2714294

Strong women seem to make some very upset. lol

I agree. That's what kids on the playground do to hurt others..... bullies. And there are usually two or three of them that band together, but catch one of them alone, and they slither away like the snakes they are.

What pleasure do people get from bad mouthing others? By putting others down they feel it raises their relative status.

@2714170

Probably slither back to diss us again. That's what low lifes do.

@2714184

Management is doing a great job lately, catching the socks and the nastiness. They have a tough job.

@2714187

Yes it has. A few bad apples tried to ruin the site, but management took care of them.

@2714189

No one would miss them if they stayed away.

A pretty general question, I'd say. I can't think of many people I've known, who have not "bad mouthed" someone else on occasion.

If you are referring to those who delight in demeaning others on a regular basis, I guess they are either real unhappy with themselves, or they're just actually petty, spiteful and mean-spirited.

(*Bad mouthing of very public figures who hold offices of power excluded)

If someone puts itself in a better place by pushing others down... that person is a c*nt. Sorry for language, but I know people like this and they are absolute garbage.

@Sofia If someone puts itself in a better place by pushing others down... that person is a c*nt. Sorry for language, but I...

I guess that's the only way they can feel superior, at least for a second or two, is to lie about others. Maybe they should seek professional help, just my opinion.

Anonymous