Linux vs Mac vs windows

What's your favourite operating system?

Image for post Linux vs Mac vs windows
Adas avatar Technology
12 47
@2714739

You using Windows 10 Tiff? 乂º◡º乂

@2714746

Sticking with 7, nah I can't blame you for that love.
乂º◡^乂

@2714746

I just got done telling him the same thing lol

@2714709

You on Windows 10 or did you stick with 7? 乂º◡º乂

@2714722

I really liked 7 although I didn't mind 10 either but I'd say 7 was certainly my fav windows OS.
乂º◡º乂

@2714725

It's a shame love, I run a Linux system (LXLE) that I've set up to look like XP hehe. To be honest I've never needed anything better than XP was and the way it was set up (like vista and 7 after) was what I'd grown use to.
乂º◡º乂

@2714738

Windows 8 fecking hell if you'd of told me you still used that crap I'd of never spoken to you again haha.
乂^◡^乂

@2714745

Yeah don't blame you was a real mess that system.
乂ᴼₒᴼ乂

@StarzAbove Windows 7

Did you avoid Microsoft's offer to 'upgrade' your computers operating system too Windows 10 Starz? 乂º◡º乂

@Ada Did you avoid Microsoft's offer to 'upgrade' your computers operating system too Windows 10 Starz? 乂º◡º乂

Yes I did. Someone from here, was it you, gave me a link that blocked it. So far so good.

@2714687

Linux is amazing if you've an old system (with say 2GB RAM) that you just want for say browsing but yeah agreed things can get difficult if you're wanting nvidia graphics cards working to a high spec or wanting support for gaming. 乂º◡º乂

@2714706

Well this is it you don't change what works well love.

I know you run Windows 10 OS, do you have a favourite computer maker (dell, HP, etc)? 乂º◡º乂

@2714955

Yes I'm more use to Windows operating systems too Mona.
乂º◡º乂

I've mostly used Windows. We now have Windows 10 on most of the PCs/laptops at home, with a Windows 7 laptop floating around somewhere.

I'm sure Macs are awesome, but they cost too much.

I run Windows 10 but have the drive partitioned with 100 gig dedicated to Linux. That way, when I boot up, I can change the option of running Windows or Linux. (I did that in case I have a major crash on Windows. I can still go into Linux and access all my data)

@JustJimColo I run Windows 10 but have the drive partitioned with 100 gig dedicated to Linux. That way, when I boot up, I can...

I take it if Windows fails you'd go into Linux OS and pull important files from the Windows partition over to the Linux system Jim?
乂º◡º乂

@Ada I take it if Windows fails you'd go into Linux OS and pull important files from the Windows partition over to the...

Yep. Years ago, I had a two terabyte USB drive with about 1500 movies on it that failed to open. The only option it gave me was to reformat the drive. I switched over to Linux, the drive opened right up and I copied the movies to a new drive. Then I reformatted the drive and moved the movies back.

@JustJimColo Yep. Years ago, I had a two terabyte USB drive with about 1500 movies on it that failed to open. The only option...

Yeah I've had a few harddrive problems in the past I could have probably solved like yourself has if I'd of known about Linux systems sooner Jim.

I actually started using Linux on older machines that still had either XP or Vista running on them as they became obsolete.
乂º◡º乂

@2714942

Is Windows 10 the best operating system you've ever had Linnster?

Or was there any others you might of preferred?
乂º◡º乂

@AliceD Linux.

Is there any particular Linux type operating system you prefer Alice?
乂º◡º乂

@2717795

Hey John nice to see ya!. 乂º◡º乂

@2717797

乂^◡^乂

@2718153

All ok my girlfriend should be in Edinburgh visiting their zoo as we speak. 乂^◡^乂

@2718155

Haha that would just be too freaky. 乂^◡^乂

Anonymous