Would you rather relax by reading a new book or by re-reading a well loved book?

Image for post Would you rather relax by reading a new book or by re-reading a well loved book?
65% new book 0% re-reading a well loved book 35% Other
doctorwho1011s avatar Books
10 17

All things being equal, the new book. However, if I don't like the new book I'll stop reading.. and then perhaps wish I had re-read some other book I remember liking.

Probably a new one .... but I have some that I revisit regularly like dear old friends.

Both. There are a number of "comfort books" I read over and over sometimes.

Having a book I haven't read by a favorite author, is like opening a present. I keep books I treasure, and if I don't have a "new" book on hand, reading one I've loved again is almost just as good, sometimes.

@Piper2 Having a book I haven't read by a favorite author, is like opening a present. I keep books I treasure, and if I...

Therein lies the problem Piper. I've already read everything written by my favorite authors.

I've also gotten to the point where I won't buy a book in a series that hasn't been completed. I'm getting too old to wait for 7 or 8 years for a series to be completed.

@JustJimColo Therein lies the problem Piper. I've already read everything written by my favorite authors. I've also gotten to...

So have I, for the most part. Luckily for me, many of them are still alive and writing. Also, I'm still discovering new favorite authors. :)

@Piper2 So have I, for the most part. Luckily for me, many of them are still alive and writing. Also, I'm still...

I think almost all my favorite authors have died. Now and then I'll just search for a free book/new author, on Amazon, for my Kindle, that sparks my interest. Sometimes I get lucky and find some good reads. While the first book is sometimes free or 99 cents, the additional books are about 4 dollars. That's not bad.

I very rarely reread a book. I want a new story. :)

New books for me!

Mashas avatar Masha new book +1Reply