How threatening a trip is your commute to and from work, with the LA Freeway being the worst example, and a pogo stick jump from your front door being the least?

Image for post How threatening a trip is your commute to and from work, with the LA Freeway being the worst example, and a pogo stick jump from your front door being the least?
PartyOfOnes avatar
5 41
@2715694

Icy roads and cross winds can be a hell of threat and, yeah, deer are, too; I don't envy you the drive.

Thanks for your post, I appreciate it :)

@2715691

Can't get much shorter nor safer than that :)

Thanks for your input ;D

@2715719

I've been on the Queen's Hwy (Niagara Falls area) then from there into Toronto - where we drove was all Hwy but I'm not sure if that last leg of our trip was 417 or not. Either way, we came out of the area safe and smiling, lol.

Thanks for your input, it's always appreciated :)

@2716389

Thanks for the clarification ;)

Just going to the grocery store around here is a real challenge. Traffic is horrendous.

@StarzAbove Just going to the grocery store around here is a real challenge. Traffic is horrendous.

I don't envy you that - I've lived that nightmare for two decades, lol. Now I live in an itty bitty city where calm and courtesy is the norm, thank cod.

Thanks for your post, Starz - always nice to have you stop by.

@2715743

That seems like the exact environment we have surrounding my little berg - love the visual and the atmosphere :)

Thanks for giving your input :)

I don't have a commute any longer since I retired, but I drove the LA freeways all my life. WAZE has made the commute worse for those of us who are California natives by giving away all our short cuts and alternate routes.

@Flrdsgns I don't have a commute any longer since I retired, but I drove the LA freeways all my life. WAZE has made the...

so... now the shortcuts are feeding a soon-to-be slower stream of traffic as a result?

I see MSN and USA Today news has a piece on a WAZE GPS issue, inadvertently instructing drivers to drive into a lake, lol - seriously :)

Thanks for you post - I appreciate it :D

It's zero now that I'm retired, but it was only a couple of miles when I was working. A piece of cake. a smilie

Depends on the time of year.
In the winter there is snow or ice. In the summer, the very oblivious tourists. And...all year there are the deer and occassional flock of turkeys.

@Carla Depends on the time of year. In the winter there is snow or ice. In the summer, the very oblivious tourists...

Ahh hah... the inescapable weather issue that never fails to suck - I'm wading through that experience, too :)

Thanks for your input, Carla, it's truly appreciated :D Wishing you many better days ahead.

@PartyOfOne Ahh hah... the inescapable weather issue that never fails to suck - I'm wading through that experience, too...

You're very welcome po1. When may rolls around, the weather issue (hopefully) will abate till fall. Hope you come out sooner.

@Carla You're very welcome po1. When may rolls around, the weather issue (hopefully) will abate till fall. Hope you come...

We'll have a race: if you get warmer weather than I'm having by May 15th, I'll provide you with an all-expence-paid turkey ride, my treat; if my weather beats your weather by then... then, umm... I won't have to ride a turkey, lol. Deal?

No real problem here in Colorado Springs.

The easiest commute was when I was still living on the farm.

@JustJimColo No real problem here in Colorado Springs. The easiest commute was when I was still living on the farm.

Google has your city down to just under a half million - mind-boggling for what I'm used to. Good to know you're having a problem with it, though :)

Thanks, Jim, for your input... always grateful ;)

I have a simple commute. Two traffic lights and 5 miles each way.

@PhilboydStudge I have a simple commute. Two traffic lights and 5 miles each way.

You can't beat that for simplicity :D

Nice to see you on the post - thanks for coming ;)

My short ride to work takes me through a National Forest every day. It's simply gorgeous - everyday! Winding roads up and down hills can get dicey after a winter storm, but it's usually pretty good and well worth the time to go slow to see the trees, deer, squirrels, raccoons, turkeys, Herons, etc.

Our forest manager make a point of clearing out dead wood and trees. When it gets over whelming, they issue permits to people that want to take the wood for fire wood. As a result, our forests don't go up in flames every year. Just sayin.

@Budwick My short ride to work takes me through a National Forest every day. It's simply gorgeous - everyday! Winding...

We have quite a lot of wooded area around our small city but nothing as spectacular as the description you've given - I like the woodsy appeal.

Thanks for your input ;)

@PartyOfOne We have quite a lot of wooded area around our small city but nothing as spectacular as the description you've given...

Thank you. But, I have a great topic to discuss. If you have a moment, click this link - it's Google image of the National Forest I'm talking about.
https://www.google.com/search?q...mp;amp;bih=709

@Budwick Thank you. But, I have a great topic to discuss. If you have a moment, click this link - it's Google image of the...

I'll take a look and give some feedback but to discussing anything at length, I regret that I usually haven't the time to devote - my commitments are crazy-busy but I'll get back to you, though :)

The images of the park were stunning, to say the least!! I checked-out 87 images that Google gave me and not a one of the was only mediocre. The areas they covered were incredibly stunning!! Thanks for the link :D I'd recommend that anyone interested in nature's beauty, and in-stone sculpture, take some long minutes to view all the pictures Google had to offer of the park, definitely. I loved the shot of the brick-red covered bridge. Our tiny city and immediate surrounding areas have somewhat similar appeal, though not quite as profound.

I strongly recommend that you post images and dialog regarding that area - those pictures are literally breath-taking.

There's really no commute to my work but I also don't work from home. My bed is at work.

@StickCaveman There's really no commute to my work but I also don't work from home. My bed is at work.

That's quite a convenience... I hope :) At least you have one up on most anyone who has to trek to their place of employment :D Would you mind if I guessed how that is? I'm thinking you have a slumber area behind the front seat in your rig (?).

Thanks for giving me your input - definitely appreciated.

@PartyOfOne That's quite a convenience... I hope :) At least you have one up on most anyone who has to trek to their place of...

I've got a few cabinets between the seat and the bunk but yeah, it's right there. I'm currently sharing it with a co-driver. So imagine a walk in closet with a bunk bed that two people are living in for about 3 weeks at a time. Oh and it moves 18 to 22 hours a day. I never wake up in the same place. :P

@StickCaveman I've got a few cabinets between the seat and the bunk but yeah, it's right there. I'm currently sharing it with a...

I'm claustrophobic so I'd immediately start out screaming for Mommy.

I'll have to admit to not feeling envious, but you don't mind the tight confinement? If not, my hat's off to you.

@PartyOfOne I'm claustrophobic so I'd immediately start out screaming for Mommy. I'll have to admit to not feeling envious...

Not at all. I've always liked small spaces. In college I volunteered to take the smallest room in the house my roommates and I rented. The room wasn't much bigger than the walk-in closet it had. I actually ended up moving my bed into the closet.

@StickCaveman Not at all. I've always liked small spaces. In college I volunteered to take the smallest room in the house my...

I can somewhat get people's choice for that closeness - maybe that it's almost comforting (?) For me, I immediately panic for lack of oxygen and the anticipation of being crushed... really.

I won't keep you going on the subject, though it's been fun having you in the conversation ;)