How would you describe a hipster?

I heard the word hipster on the radio this morning and let my mind start wondering. Ha!

Image for post How would you describe a hipster?
15% This is what I picture: 23% A YUPPIE on steroids! 31% I'm pretending I didn't see this question. 31% Other
Will_Janitors avatar Jokes & Humour
8 28

hipster hip·ster
noun
The definition of hipster is a young, non-traditional person who is an independent thinker, believes in progressive politics and dresses in a trendy fashion.

Hmmmmm I remember the term, being "hip" from 50 years ago, long before there was even a term "progressive" politics. It used to just be another word for "cool".

A sharp dresser, with a tongue of knives. lol

@2716599

LOL :D :D

I didn't even know what a hipster was until I read this post and the comments above.. and I'm still not sure that I do. smile smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge I'm pretending I didn't see this question. +4Reply
@JustJimColo Come on Phil... weren't you a hip teenager, back in the day?

If sporting a polyester Arby's uniform and being on the golf team makes you a hipster, then in high school I was Captain Hipster. smile smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge I'm pretending I didn't see this question. +1Reply
@2716334

They've got you Thibault! They even lured you to their secret hideout at the coffee shop [which probably doesn't even sell an actual cup of coffee - Amirite?]

Not to worry, some girls is going to take notice of you soon enough, sitting alone at the table with your 'venti salted caramel mocha frappucino', lap top open, a colorful scarf around your neck, as you work on your screenplay. And before you know it, all those 'funny feelings' you've had since your 13th birthday will start to make sense. And, you'll be ready to ditch all those bean brains to spend time with your new love. I'm happy for you.

@2716394

Is that one of the munchkins from OZ? maniac smilie

People who think they're being independent and swimming against the current, but they're just following the latest fad.

Also, they like to drag bulky, obsolete technology to the coffee shop.

I never saw a hipster except on TV.

Big beard, weird clothes, babbles about things you can not comprehend to such a level you question his mentality

The opposite of "hip."

I've no clue what a hipster's supposed to be like, or look like. I'm at a point in my life where I let people be of whatever fashion they choose as long as it's legal and to each person's sense of comfort.

Hipsters are people that have no idea who they are, what they believe in or stand for. They dress in weird ways to ensure that their outward appearance clearly announces that they do not belong in the place they are, or with the people they are with. They are a perfect target for the democrat party in as much as they are in a constant search for a permanent underclass - and let's face it, these hipsters are not likely to get to a point of being self sustaining.

People like this used to be openly mocked in elementary school. And, they were cajoled into conforming with some social norm whether it be a jock, a greaser, a nerd, a band member, a theater groupie, or one of many others. If they failed to make that move, then they were destined to climbing clock towers with a high powered rifle later in life.

@Budwick Hipsters are people that have no idea who they are, what they believe in or stand for. They dress in weird ways to...

I think it is amazing the number of different sub classifications society has developed for groups of people. Yet nobody wants to be labeled. :)