+2

Faith in god is faithlessness in man

When justice is farce and honesty is scarce, truth valued no more, cunningness galore, sick with fellow men seeks solace elsewhere.

ezhils avatar Religion
5 15

For me personally, I would need to lose faith in my own critical thinking abilities before I could believe in God. I have too man questions that lack adequate answers. God works in mysterious ways doesn't do it for me.

I suppose that may be the case for some, but overall they do not have to be related at all. You can have faith in both or have faith in neither.

@Will_Janitor I suppose that may be the case for some, but overall they do not have to be related at all. You can have faith in...

Man being a social animal needs to have some faith on somebody to live a peaceful life. As fellowmen do not provide that trustworthiness he seeks some comfort from something nonexistent.

ezhils avatar ezhil Agree +1Reply

Not at all. The statement itself makes no sense on any level. To claim a man who has no faith in god, somehow has faith in man is nothing more than a stament meant to hypothesize something that has no basis in fact. .

Wait a minute - it sounds like you have no faith in mankind - and you have no faith in God either. I believe your premise is flawed.

@Budwick Wait a minute - it sounds like you have no faith in mankind - and you have no faith in God either. I believe your...

@ezhil Man being a social animal needs to have some faith on somebody to live a peaceful life. As fellowmen do not provide...

Man is a Creation of God. As such has an innate desire for a relationship with his Creator. When man is deflected away from God presumably by other men [like you] they do indeed feel an emptiness. And, you're right - man will fail to fill the void.

@Budwick Man is a Creation of God. As such has an innate desire for a relationship with his Creator. When man is deflected...

It is astonishing to find that many do not have the innate bonding for their parents who created them. They are left to fend for themselves in old age.

@ezhil It is astonishing to find that many do not have the innate bonding for their parents who created them. They are...

It's astonishing to me the number of parents anxious to murder their offspring before birth.

Do either of our most recent comments address the original premise?

If social conditions improve for the better, supernatural powers will lose their grip over the people.

@ezhil If social conditions improve for the better, supernatural powers will lose their grip over the people.

What you base that assumption on? What social conditions are you referring to?

Without having faith in fellowmen,how can one live on earth? One's life is made comfortable by the contributions made by fellow beings. The food you eat, the clothes you wear, the road you use why every thing you use is because of the benevolence of fellow citizens.

Peace, harmony, no poverty, less crimes etc etc is the social environment I am referring to.

Faith in your fellow man and reliance on your fellow man are two different things. Is your fellow man who grows food for a living going to give it to you for nothing? No. People are interdependent on each other and there is no benevolence involved.

"Peace, harmony, no poverty, less crimes......", show me a culture that has that, with OR without a belief in God.

Let us get rid of our basal mind set. You wake up the next day with the hope that you will get your food. Where is that hope coming from? If you are so independent you please eat the currency you have earned and don't eat the food generated by fellowmen.
The goal should be to move towards a situation in which people live in a better social environment. Living with a temporary mind set is the cause for all the ills in the society. You seem to justify all the nonsense that happens in the world