"Canada moves to make its national anthem gender-neutral." According to CNN's report, the bill changes the phrase "in all thy sons command" to "in all of us command." Before it becomes law, it must receive "royal assent" from the governor general. Opinion?

Canada moves to make its national anthem gender-neutral - CNNCanada's Senate has passed a bill making the country's national anthem gender neutral. https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/americas/canada-gender-neutral-national-anthem-trnd/index.htmlImage for post "Canada moves to make its national anthem gender-neutral." According to CNN's report, the bill changes the phrase "in all thy //**sons**// command" to "in //**all of us**// command." Before it becomes law, it must receive "royal assent" from the governor general. Opinion?
11% Finally - YES!! 33% I've been fine with the way it's been - leave it alone. 0% We've had an anthem?? 56% Other
PartyOfOnes avatar Politics
7 27
@2719192

Thanks for taking the time to express your view, it's appreciated.

@2719770

Very good of you to point that out - thank you ;)

There was an Australian soap in the eighties called' Sons and Daughters'.Bet the PC brigade would go after that now.The world is going mad.

@ThePrinceofWales There was an Australian soap in the eighties called' Sons and Daughters'.Bet the PC brigade would go after that...

Possibly. While the change in the anthem would be a small change, I feel it's significant to those who hope for equal recognition - I'm a big fan :)

Thanks for your input on the post - I'm very grateful that you've taken the time :)

People are so delicate about terms nowadays, gender is like buzzword now, it will blow their brains up if things dare stay the same and include only the 2 genders....for crying out loud the world is going mad

@Sunny_the_skeptic People are so delicate about terms nowadays, gender is like buzzword now, it will blow their brains up if things...

That's the thing: the anthem didn't include 2 genders... it credited its sons, only - male Canadians; Canada is made up of much more than them ;)

Good to see you, again, Sunny - I'll wish you a nice day ;)

I'd just leave it as it is. 乂ᵒ .ᴼ乂

Adas avatar Ada Other +4Reply
@Ada I'd just leave it as it is. 乂ᵒ .ᴼ乂

Okay, Ada - thanks :)

Always nice to run into you :D

@PartyOfOne Okay, Ada - thanks :) Always nice to run into you :D

Always great to see you about too love. 乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Other +3Reply
@2719407

You'd think Trudeau would have much more important things to take care of but he is a bit of a puss anyway.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy I've been fine with the way it's been - leave... +4Reply
@2719633

I edited myself six times before I could even post that benign statement.hehe smiliehehe smilie

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy I've been fine with the way it's been - leave... +1Reply

Whatever Canada would like to to with their anthem is their business.

@Will_Janitor Whatever Canada would like to to with their anthem is their business.

@2720520

After the events of this week perhaps Justin should have inserted the word "peoplekind". Hope we vote Justin out of office before he wussifies everything in the Country.

@Dar After the events of this week perhaps Justin should have inserted the word "peoplekind". Hope we vote Justin out of...

Dar, very nice to have you on the post; It's been months since I've seen you last.

Well, okay - noted. I'm finding that there's a lot of irritation regarding the change... hopefully no senseless bloodshed over it.

I'll let you get back to your day and I'll do the same. Thanks for sharing your point of view, that's appreciated.

Will changing that destroy the song?

Oh ain't gonna lie...that is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard a country doing. Sorry but I shouldn't have to change the way I talk so someone doesn't get butthurt because I didn't use the right PC term. I ain't ever going to change the way I talk and honestly the whole world shouldn't be forced to do so either.

🦋