Does the released House Memo Surprise You? Or Confirm Long Held Suspicions?

A much-hyped memo that shows alleged government surveillance abuse has been released to the public and includes testimony from a high-ranking government official who says the FBI and DOJ would not have sought surveillance warrants to spy on a member of the Trump team without the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee on Friday released the memo, which states "concerns with the legitimacy and legality of certain DOJ and FBI interactions” involving FISA, or the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, of Trump associates during the 2016 election.

My personal observation is that it seems to shine a very bright light on Clinton Campaign Corruption that would be hard to believe that she or Obama didn't know about.

Read the memo here - http://static.foxnews.com/pdf/3...ISA-Abuses.pdf

Image for post Does the released House Memo Surprise You? Or Confirm Long Held Suspicions?
0% Surprised 60% I knew it all along 40% Other
Budwicks avatar Countries & Places
6 56

Im waiting for the whole truth.

Funny that trump tells his associates how this will kill the russia investigation.
Seems to be working with his ever worshiping base. So soon, too.

@Carla Im waiting for the whole truth. Funny that trump tells his associates how this will kill the russia...

I think the lack of a shred of evidence in over a year is what will do in the Russia thing.

The fact that it was sparked by an elaborate hoax on behalf of the democrats is shameful.

Budwicks avatar Budwick I knew it all along 0Reply
@Budwick I think the lack of a shred of evidence in over a year is what will do in the Russia thing. The fact that it was...

Hmmm...trump jr.'s meeting?

But that's beside the point. Just because we dont know anything, doesnt mean there isnt anything.
And hoax? There is much in that dossier that has been proven to be true.

Like i said...we dont know the whole truth. The memo we have seen was cherry picked information. The idea that trump said it vindicated him is telling. What will also be telling is if he stops the dems memo from being put out.

@Carla Hmmm...trump jr.'s meeting? But that's beside the point. Just because we dont know anything, doesnt mean there...

"There is much in that dossier that has been proven to be true. " - Uhm, we knew Russia was a country before.

@Carla Have you read it? If so, then again, denial

The dossier is a work of fiction commissioned by the DNC. There is as much truth in it as there is in the latest issue of a Scooby-Doo comic book.

@Budwick The dossier is a work of fiction commissioned by the DNC. There is as much truth in it as there is in the latest...

Budwick....you see what you want to see. And acknowledge whatever fits your narrative. Just like your post, yesterday.

Did you read the latest Scooby doo?

@Carla Budwick....you see what you want to see. And acknowledge whatever fits your narrative. Just like your post...

Carla, the Steele dossier is complete and total BS. It's made up, made to look like a legitimate investigative report. That's not wishful thinking - it's fact. And it was used to acquire a FISA warrant to spy on Trump.

@Budwick Carla, the Steele dossier is complete and total BS. It's made up, made to look like a legitimate investigative...

We will never agree on this, bud. Nothing you can say can make me see this in any other way.
When the investigations are over, that will tell the tale. You know nothing for sure. Neither do I. That is....regarding the trump situation.

@2719443

This isn't about Russia. It's about abuse of power in our own government. If anyone is not questioning that, it is only because they choose not to.

@2719477

What do you think happened in Syria?

@2719477

Nice dodge there Bub.
You know, there's not supposed to be abuse in government, right? And, when discovered, should be corrected, right?

@2719443

They knew this would be the effect that it would have.

@2719482

Oh, john. They are giddy about this.
The extent trump will go to keep inversigators out of his finances. The usa be damned.

@Budwick Who knew what effect what would have?

They knew what effect this memo would have.
Their bots were involved in the release the memo campaign. Are you that far into denile that you cant see that?

@Budwick Who are 'they'? 'Bots'? What is 'the memo campaign'?

Come on, bud. The russians. And there were social media posts galore. Release the memo. Many came from russian bots. To stir the pot. Surely you know this. They have been posting that stuff for a long while. They are doing it stirring both parties. Dissention is what they want, it shows weakness. But, still, i think you know all this.

@Carla Come on, bud. The russians. And there were social media posts galore. Release the memo. Many came from russian...

I see.
So, what does that have to with Hillary's campaign commissioning the dossier story? Of the investigators using the known false dossier to secure FISA warrants? Or, the same parties 'leaking' information regarding the dossier to their lap dog media, and then using the resulting stories as supporting evidence to the judge issuing the warrants?

Your boys and girls are dirty Carla.

@Budwick I see. So, what does that have to with Hillary's campaign commissioning the dossier story? Of the investigators...

The court did not use just the info in that dossier. The fbi uses information gathered by many sources. Fisa reissued that warrant three times. Trump said carter page...they all said, he was an unknown guy. No one ever met him. Now he is so important? He was on the fbi's watch list way before the campaign.
This is all just fodder to make those departments seem uncreditable. So, either the heads can be fired, mueller can be fired or their findings seem tainted.

Put that all to the side.....
A murder suspect has a closet searched. It wasnt included in the warrant. The murder weapon is found, the suspect confesses. But, the search is deemed over reached, the weapon and confession are thrown out. Still, the man is guilty.
Think about that. That is the guy you are defending. Using what he claims was ill gotten information to exonerate himself. That is our potus. Guilty, but trying to find and use legal loopholes.

@Carla The court did not use just the info in that dossier. The fbi uses information gathered by many sources. Fisa...

The judge has said clearly that the FISA warrant would not have been issued without the dossier. It was the PRIMARY evidence provided. Leaked stories to the press about the same thing were submitted as supporting evidence! Talk about a circle jerk!

Your comparison falls apart in as much on your murder story, there is evidence found against the defendant. The real story - there isn't ANY evidence supporting the accusation.

@2719443

Is that what you get from this scandal? You really have no idea what's going on, do you?

@Budwick Is that what you get from this scandal? You really have no idea what's going on, do you?

Oh, bud. It's the "deep state" huh? Trying to take the power from the right. Has nothing to do with a crooked, immoral, bafoonish, undignified, unrefined, money hungry, narcissistic idiot, being president.
You do know if he is ousted, a republican will still be president, right? And what would it matter? None of what the party is doing has come from him. He has, never had, any kind of plan. No healthcare plan, like he said he did. No tax plan. It all comes from the reps on the hill. He is only a loud obnoxious figurehead that plays to their voters.
You said you were a thinking man....think.

@Carla Oh, bud. It's the "deep state" huh? Trying to take the power from the right. Has nothing to do with a crooked...

If half of Nevins memo is accurate, how else would describe the corrupt behavior of the partisan actors other than 'deep state'.

The only way Trump would be impeached is if the democrats managed to take the Congress. And they are busy sealing their doom on that count right now.

Trump has good plans. Some have passed and we are enjoying the result. The Obamacare mandate is history. No one will sign up for that piece of crap willingly.

He is loud and obnoxious - I'll give you that. And, he's emptying the swamp. I admit, I enjoy watching the enemies of America thrashing about in the shallowing water.

@Budwick If half of Nevins memo is accurate, how else would describe the corrupt behavior of the partisan actors other than...

The people he is denegrating are his own apointees. The justice dept, the fbi predominately right. The fisa court, held to high standards. What is in that memo is out of context. Written with the help of the white house to save trumps butt.
And quite honestly? His people went for the help offered by russians. They lied about it. Then, tried to cover it up by omission. But....it will come to crimes trump commited well before he started running for office. But, again, you know this. But, because you enjoy the disruption, you and your far right brethern choose to ignore it.

And the swamp? He has filled it with far more dangerous monsters.

@Budwick Carla, do you have any evidence of these claims? I didn't think so.

I said months ago that by the time we find out about the full truth of his misdeeds, he will be out of office or dead.
He is dirty, bud. Mark my words. But, you dont care about that.

And...they all are dirty. They just arent all criminal. Trump is.

@Carla I said months ago that by the time we find out about the full truth of his misdeeds, he will be out of office or...

And, here were are all those months later and there isn't a scintilla of evidence proving Russian collusion to steal the election.

Perhaps you should send Bob Mueller your marked words to aid his investigation. Your empty words are as valuable as anyone elses!

@2719566

How long did it take to get the first memo cleared?
There WAS no democrat memo until the first was revealed.
Don't worry, your side will get their chance.

@2720624

The Dem memo needs to go through the same process the initial memo went through. By the way, we've been anticipating that memo for several weeks.

@2720639

Everyone reviewed the memo Linn. That's why it took so long. It's been one weekend Linn. Better put on your big girl pants cuz it's probably gonna be a few more before they release the Dem memo.

I'm not surprised, but I can't say I knew it all along either. I guess I had more faith in the leadership of the FBI than I should have.

What doesn't surprise me is that last April Nunes recused himself from the probe. Now he writes a memo that seems to cast doubt on the// investigations //but not on the //accusations. //

www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-intelligence-chairman-devin-nunes-recuses-himself-from-russia-probe/2017/04/06/8122b5bc-1ad2-11e7-855e-4824bbb5d748_story.html?utm_term=.c687a0b8d1c2

@VicZinc What doesn't surprise me is that last April Nunes recused himself from the probe. Now he writes a memo that seems...

You're a great dancer Vic!
The fact that the accusations are so clearly shown to be a hoax kind of precludes that don't you think?

@2720626

Again Linn - how long did it take to release the initial memo? Your memo wan't even prepared until the initial one was released. Give it time Linn.

Despite the fact that the MSM hasn't covered a smidgen of this story for the last year, most of the puzzle pieces have fallen into place and well understood by any conservative worth his/her salt.

@2719828

Yeah, they're pretty good.

What's your point?

@2720712

Or, perhaps you don't understand how to deliver sarcasm. You see, stating a fact with the expectation that it will be understood as sarcasm is, ...
Well, I won't say what it is cuz you might get offended, retreat to your safe place, require special counseling and hours of cuddling therapy And, I have too much respect for you to do that..

@2720751

How positively democrat! Blame others for your shortcomings. Flanders, you are adorable.

@2720752

Well, it's been upward for 14 months. Likely a correction was in order.

But, let's not rule out the probability of Trump colluding with Russian prostitutes to compromise the Mexican government and bribe them to build a wall.

@2719828

Sure, those are crazy places to get your news, but interesting to listen to all the conspiracies they like to think up.

The whole Russia thing is bullshit and has been from the start. Just more distraction while the dismantling of the country, destruction of the environment and the fleecing of the American working class by the corporate oligarchy continues.

Yes, it just confirmed what I already knew--the Obama DOJ used their power for political purposes to attack Republican targets. That was exposed when he "sicced" the IRS and the FBI on Republican targets back in 2012. This is just more evidence of the same corruption that took place, except this time, it also shows how they covered up Hillary's crimes against federal laws instead of filing the charges against her for those crimes.