Last Sunday night a young Colts football player, Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver were struck and killed by a drunk driver. Evidently Jackson had been sick and the two of them were standing outside of the car when hit. It has been determined that the drunk was an illegal. Now Trump is using this tragedy to further his immigration program; build the wall, get rid of the illegals. ** What Trump has failed to mention is that on that same Sunday night two other people were killed by a drunk driver in another part of town and that driver was an American citizen. Another tragedy that should not have happened. Trump has been very silent about the last tragedy!

It's not just illegals that are causing problems in our country but American citizens are just as much to blame. Care to comment?

https://skyfineusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Dont-Drink-and-Drive.jpg
StarzAboves avatar Politics
13 20

Grasping on and using the small percentage of any group of people who are actually guilty of crimes to further an 'agenda', is usually a flawed and somewhat concerning way to approach any kind of honest and productive discourse.
I'm not sure if some people realize, how difficult it is for individuals who arrived in this country illegally, to acquire the legal status they would like to. Just admitting that, can result in them being sent back to the country they managed to get away from, or were brought here from. Going back there when their lives, work, and often spouse and children are here, to wait years to maybe be approved to come back, just isn't a real appealing option to risk...

I think any group of people can be cherry picked, and a tragic story told.

@2721165

Yes they do and it's a tragedy whomever is killed. But Trump is using this tragedy to promote his wall. Disgusting, he has no sympathy for those killed.

@2721172

Aren't we all. A wall that will cost billions and won't do a bit of good. Now he wants a military parade, to better the French. He's turning America into a competition with other countries just so he can get his name out there.

Maybe we should deport any American citizen who commits a crime! Elon Musk has a shiny new rocket we could put them all on and send them to space.

@2721264

Not hardly, Clinton didn't want to build a billion dollar wall to keep them out. A wall that won't do one bit of good....on that I'm sure we will agree.biggrin smilie

@2721307

lol Most politicians do.....just listen to what Trump says from one hour to the next.

What good would it do to be repetitive? I could go to town and say drunk driving is bad, then I could go to, let's say Florida and say drunk driving is bad. Once more, shall I say out, I'll tho to Canada and say drunk driving is bad. I'm just saying the same thing. You already understand. If out would make your feeling less hurt, yes maybe he should have mentioned the other accidents at least. But maybe he didn't feel he had to. Your have now proved that no matter what he does, good or bad, people will alleyways make him seem like a horrible monster. Bravo.

Fact is both sides use tragedies to promote an agenda. It is certainly nothing new. Illegal immigration and gun control being the two biggest in my opinion.

Well good for trump. Illegals are not supposed to be here ILLEGAL so whatever way they get caught it is time to boot them out forever.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Well good for trump. Illegals are not supposed to be here ILLEGAL so whatever way they get caught it is time to...

You missed the point entirely. Trump used this tragedy to promote his wall, he didn't care about those that lost their lives. And what about the American drunk that killed two people, nothing was said about him?