+15

Our military is not a prop for the insecure to flaunt. Parades replete with missiles and tanks are best left to tyrants, not genuine leaders.

VicZincs avatar
12 34
@2721260

It is a great point. The cost is in moving that armor from where is is strategically deployed to main street and back again.

I agree completely. More millions of dollars spent only to get Trump's name out there for attention. He's an embarrassment to our country.

@PhilboydStudge

Love you man

@VicZinc Love you man

Right back at cha' brother.

We honor our military in many ways, on many days with many parades.
This is for a narcissists satisfaction.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

The tanks will take out the streets and it will cost a fortune. This is not what America is all about.

I assume that this is to resist Trump once again.

Vic, you know nothing about what the parade is supposed to be like. You've assumed along with your socialist brethren that it will be as you described. I doubt it will be planned anything like that.

But, good for you in getting your bitching out ahead of any real knowledge of WTF you are talking about!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +3Reply
@Budwick I assume that this is to resist Trump once again. Vic, you know nothing about what the parade is supposed to be...

Curious as to what you are talking about. Read much into my words?

We have had the same debate over the use of Blue Angels and other war machines over civilian airspace.

Neither of us have changed opinions I see.

@VicZinc Curious as to what you are talking about. Read much into my words? We have had the same debate over the use of...

Nope, I guess not.
I don't have a problem with a vibrant expression of patriotism. You have negative feeling toward America, it's founding, it's exceptionalism, it's economy, it's culture, it's society and existence.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick Nope, I guess not. I don't have a problem with a vibrant expression of patriotism. You have negative feeling...

Wow. Just go ahead and dump a bunch of negative attributes on me to bolster your cognitive dissonance around claiming to be one thing and behaving like another.

It is one thing to vibrantly express patriotism and another completely to understand and support the basic concept that make America great.
I suspect it is the ideals expressed by
-the statue of liberty
-the bill of right
-Thomas Jefferson and James Madison

• it blended culture as a melting pot
    and not so much
    massive displays of might, chest thumping, driving wedges between people, denying people access to the American dream, and supporting a MIC that values gold over humanity.

It honestly doesn't matter one bit either way.

"don't here much complaining when firetrucks, cop cars, other city service equipment is displayed in a parade" You are honestly equating firetrucks, cop cars to a tank??

Granted.