Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only moved around. So, if energy cannot be created, where did all the energy come from?

"The law of conservation of energy is a law of science that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but only changed from one form into another or transferred from one object to another." http://examples.yourdictionary....-examples.html

Image for post Science says energy cannot be created or destroyed, only moved around. So, if energy cannot be created, where did all the energy come from?
Mazes avatar
4 14

Energy can be easily created from the vacuum. Just place two plates made out of guano or whatever close enough to each other and there will always a current flowing from the nothingness to this world. I guess it works better with certain metals and alloys. Bats wouldn't mind, I hope.

This proves there is a omniscient omnipotent God. Mind=Blown!

It comes from matter, all energy in plants in animals in all cells comes from matter. Molecules are groups of atoms and they contain energy in those bonds. Some molecules are used as resource for energy, other molecules are used to contain energy temporarily, other molecules are made to contain energy as a usable reserve. Single cell organisms are most diverse, they can make their own resource, use matter that no other life forms use or use ready matter from someone else, the final one is what complex animal multi cell organisms such as us do.

Plants use the photon energy from the sun's light, turns sunlight, CO2 and water into glucose or complex sugars, deer eats plant and absorbs the ready carbohydrates and uses the energy for its own mass, predator eats deer and takes it's mass, deconstructs it and adds it to its own mass. Dead predator's complex molecules get decontstructed to simple matter by colonies of single cell organisms that plants can use and there goes the wheel.

All matter contains energy but only a few things can be used as energy. Part of the energy we take is released as body heat, the energy is lost, not destroyed but lost for us, Heat is energy in its most primal form.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It comes from matter, all energy in plants in animals in all cells comes from matter. Molecules are groups of atoms...

Energy forms the building blocks of matter, so in a literal sense, matter is made of energy. I'm aware of the relationships you described, but none of that explains where all the energy came from in the first place.

@Maze Energy forms the building blocks of matter, so in a literal sense, matter is made of energy. I'm aware of the...

I dont think energy is matter but I think energy holds matter together, to form a molecule of 2 atoms you need to lay in energy. I don't know where energy comes from, perhaps it's constant, always is and has been?

I don't completely agree with the theory that energy cannot be created. While sources for energy need to be present to generate it, those resources must still be converted to produce it.

matter and energy shares false dichotomy its omnipotent form arrives to the universe we know where we currently live from quantum mechanical fluctuations but its pain and apathy sounds from big bang cosmology
Biblical God blesses America...

the big bang