Man accuses California #MeToo leader of sexual misconduct

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Democratic Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, the head of the Legislative Women's Caucus and a leading figure in the state's anti-sexual harassment movement, is accused of groping a male staffer from another lawmaker's office.
Daniel Fierro told The Associated Press on Thursday that Garcia stroked his back, squeezed his buttocks and attempted to touch his crotch in a dugout after a legislative softball game in 2014.
Garcia comment: "I have zero recollection of engaging in inappropriate behavior and such behavior is inconsistent with my values."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/male...003752466.html

Image for post Man accuses California #MeToo leader of sexual misconduct
6% It was Just harmless flirting. 6% Did he ask for it? 0% What was he wearing? 6% Have her apologize and let's move on. 0% #Me too hypocrite 47% HA!!! 6% What was the context? 29% Other
Hashstags avatar
5 19
@2722296

Things are indeed getting ridiculous, like some women having consensual sex with someone then regretting it, withdrawing consent and declaring it rape.

@2722402

Not talking about any of those, clean consensual with no hiccups but regret later. You cant take responsibility for that, you cant expect what a person will do. Not unless they make standard consensual intercourse contracts, seems like the only sure way to avoid a rape accusation.

@2722296

It's stupid. You can't even look at people anymore.

@2722283

I don't thinks it's BS either. A little picky about who gets tarred and feathered and therefore hypocritical, but not BS.

Not the most convincing statement of denial I've heard.. What's good for the gander's also good for the goose.. or something liked that.

If the allegation(s) are found to be credible, I imagine will she face the same repercussions as many of the accused men have.

First off, everyone who voted pink is actually disgusting me, except Piper currently. If I am to believe the accuser, and I do believe both men who have accused her thus far, she should be punished for it. She should also speak on her actions and make it clear she is regretful and aims to change the future of sexual misconduct in this nation as she has been doing.

In Ms. Garcia's defense, how much .... action do you think she gets?
Pathetically plain people have needs too ya know!

Clearly just a smear tactic moving on

It's nice that the person who started this witch hunt is getting a taste of their own medicine, but since she's a woman, she's probably just gonna get a slap on the wrist. That is, if she even gets punished at all.

Women tend to have the attitude that they can grope and inappropriately touch men whenever they want, and they often get away with it. Meanwhile, if an innocent man is even accused of sexual misconduct by someone who just wants to ruin his life, he's dragged through the mud, and even if he's found to be innocent, he still gets dragged through the mud and nothing happens to the one who made the false accusation.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet It's nice that the person who started this witch hunt is getting a taste of their own medicine, but since she's a...

Cristina Garcia sure did not start the me too so-called "witch hunt".

The very real possibility of false sexual misconduct accusations against both men and women, is a grave concern for most reasonable people.