Piper2s avatar Law
10 31
@2722853

They wouldn't have known if he was armed, or not, since they shot him for not pulling over when pursued, and he didn't shoot at them or anything.
I suppose that the license plate on his truck was just not the one registered to that particular vehicle, but the details about that are sketchy.

@2723114

Who's carrying the news piece? I'll visit the site and try posting it.

@2723127

Ah, I don't use the usual social sites :\

Usually the police call in asking for female officers when one's not on site. I'm not at all sure why they'd handle things the way they did.

Thanks for trying to get it posted... wish I could've helped.

@2723114

There have quite a few instances of that I've seen and read about, but none in a shopping mall. I can't find it, but the ones I've seen were sickening to me, as well.

That's outrageous, they could have stopped him without killing him. Something needs to be done about that Sheriff.

@StarzAbove That's outrageous, they could have stopped him without killing him. Something needs to be done about that Sheriff.

I doubt if that will happen, but I do find Sheriff Oddie Shoupe's priorities in ordering his deputies to go ahead and kill a person suspected of minor infractions, pretty troubling.

I dont know how truthful his account is. I don't know if the suspect was trying to or going to harm someone. I do know that during the recording the Sheriff said "it was that old boy I whooped, he was giving us trouble down at the station". And he said " i thrive on the shit".
Regardless, the sheriff is still in his position and it is more than obvious that he has no basic human decency.

@2722927

If Mr Dial had followed their 'rules', he probably wouldn't have lost his life the way he did. I don't feel it was justified, either.

@2723082

Yes... that was undeniably and obviously foolish, if he thought he might be able outrun the police in that vehicle.
I do have a different theory though, which of course is all it is. I think maybe Dial just wasn't thinking very clearly, that he didn't want to go back to that jail, and his first impulse was to just try and get away. Then he knew how hopeless it was, but was too afraid to stop, but was not looking for an altercation with the cops.

"Because THEY can do whatever they want, and get away with it." That is far too often true, no doubt.

@2723111

I saw that he did that, once or twice. Looked to me like he was mostly just trying to get away, though.

Since neither of us actually know what he was thinking or what drove him to react as he did, our theories are obviously just that...

@2723197

I care, when someone is killed for reasons that are dubious to me, including those of the non-human kind. That would be why I've gone ahead and submitted posts on this and another site, related to the subject.

"It's also possible that Rich Little flew in from Canada and was impersonating Oddie Shoupe on the radio.
Could be."
I guess just about anything is possible, but that scenario is surely unlikely. Since neither one of us were there, I figure our theories about why the now deceased man acted as he did, are equally simply theories...

@2723212

No, you are the one who brought that into the equation, on this post. I shared my own theory, and it is surely a fact that neither of us can know with certainty, exactly why the deceased man chose his actions that day. Just like many other times, when opinions and speculation about any event, are our opinion about what we see or hear when we aren't there.

Your opinion has been "noted", acknowledged, and appreciated, whether completely agreed with, or not..

Two Ohio Police Officers Killed Responding to 911 Hangup Call

@2722909

No one here knows just who Michael Dial was, I'm pretty sure. Maybe he was afraid tho pull over for reasons mentioned in the reports, and in Sheriff Oddie Shoupe's own words after the fact.

No, if you didn't kill or order someone to kill the sheriff, and chuckle over it, you wouldn't be quite as bad....

@2723239

Yes. Although, that wasn't shown in the video of the chase, the pursuit could certainly have endangered other lives.

Before his foolish decision to not stop for the police, his "crimes" were minor...

Not enough information for me to know what happened.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Not enough information for me to know what happened.

It's pretty clear what happened, in the text, audio and video provided on the links.

Maybe we should treat all police officers like Barney Fife ... only give them one bullet, which they can't keep in their gun.

@Walt_OReagun Maybe we should treat all police officers like Barney Fife ... only give them one bullet, which they can't keep in...

Nah... sure would be nice though, if all police officers were at least as basically good, as Barney Fife.

@Piper2 Nah... sure would be nice though, if all police officers were at least as basically good, as Barney Fife.

Every time someone suggest America should copy the restrictive gun laws of some other country ... I reply that I would favor it, if we started with the government forces. Police, FBI, BATFE, Postal Inspectors, US Marshalls, DEA, etc, etc - all should be disarmed, and only a select limited number allowed firearms.