+12

The 'greatest generation' did not need a college education, traditional jobs with pensions and healthcare benefits lifted the entire nation. The Boomers, to be successful, needed either a traditional job or a higher educations. Most did OK and were able to put their kids through college because their employers paid for healthcare. With Gen-X, the rules had changed. Those without an education were hard pressed to compete and could not live better than their parents had. They continue to struggle to afford college for their kids and many will go bankrupt when they face common illnesses like cancer, heart disease or diabetes; health care is just too expensive for many of them. The Millennials are on their own. If they cannot get congress to pass universal healthcare and education finance reform their children may never experience the American dream.

Image for post The 'greatest generation' did not need a college education, traditional jobs with pensions and healthcare benefits lifted the entire nation. The Boomers, to be successful, needed either a traditional job or a higher educations. Most did OK and were able to put their kids through college because their employers paid for healthcare. With Gen-X, the rules had changed. Those without an education were hard pressed to compete and could not live better than their parents had.  They continue to struggle to afford college for their kids and many will go bankrupt when they face common illnesses like cancer, heart disease or diabetes; health care is just too expensive for many of them.  The Millennials are on their own. If they cannot get congress to pass universal healthcare and education finance reform their children may never experience the American dream.
VicZincs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
6 3

meanwhile we've got the president gloating over one dollar increases in minimum wage....strike up the band....

If I came to the U.S. and didn't get arrested at the airport, I sure am glad to have my own Government's health insurance on me. I'd be 85 % off from any of the payments you guys would have to deal with. Even abroad.