Bulgaria's kindest person passed away today, the man known as the saint of Bailovo, Dobri Dobrev has died at the age of 103

The man known as the living embodiment of kindness and generosity has passed away on the 13th of February 2018 at the age of 103. Dobri Dobrev is known throughout Bulgaria for his generosity, living in complete poverty while gathering and begging for money while donating all of it for churches, monasteries and orphanages. Devoting himself entirely to his faith and the spiritual rather the material he lived a selfless life while generating and donating up to 80, 000 BGN (aprox 40 000 euros). We have lost one of our finest people today.

Image for post Bulgaria's kindest person passed away today, the man known as the saint of Bailovo, Dobri Dobrev has died at the age of 103
Sunny_the_skeptics avatar Religion
8 6

I just read about him. There are not enough people in this world like Dobri Dobrev.

He sounds like a man more worthy of the title "Saint", than many who have been officially awarded it. Someone I would have loved to meet, and would never have forgotten. I'm glad he lived a long life, but his passing from this world is still a loss for it.

My deepest condolences! :-( Dobri Dobrev is truly a saint. May he rest in eternal peace. His first and last name literally mean “good” or “kind!”

Thanks for sharing Sunny. Bulgaria and humanity have lost a great person.
May he rest in peace.