Why is it okay for mostly naked gay men and crazed feminists in vagina costumes to have a parade but the military can't show pride?

The same liberals who complain about the prospect of a military parade gush enthusiasm when crazed lunatics have one.

Image for post Why is it okay for mostly naked gay men and crazed feminists in vagina costumes to have a parade but the military can't show pride?
63% This is why: 11% It isn't okay. 26% Other
JerryHendricksons avatar People & Celebrities
5 44

When I was in the USMC, during boot camp, we had parades every effing week, just to please some two bit general

@Flrdsgns When I was in the USMC, during boot camp, we had parades every effing week, just to please some two bit general

I doubt you will be required to participate in the parade being discussed here.

It seems you may have missed some of the reasoning behind your training Flanders. Did you finish boot camp?

@2724752

Good for you!
Thank you for your service. When did you serve?

@2724857

Lucky indeed. They stopped the draft about a year later.

It's unfortunate that your military experience sounds as if was a negative one for you. I'm sincere, no snark here.

I realize that being there was not your choice, but didn't you find some positive stuff in those two years?

@2724969

Thanks for sharing Flanders. I'm glad you found some good in the time you spent serving our country.

@2727200

Alright, you didn't see the question mark. They come at the end of questions.

@2727250

Nope, that's a question alright. It's also a fact based question, not an assumption.

@2724422

Finns are. Well... I am.

@2724422

Do you wear a vagina costume in a parade?

@2724422

You have no answer for the question, do you?

@2724431

Not that question, the actual question that is this poll. But now that you bring it up, People who wear vagina costumes in parades are lunatics. If that applies to you, you have my opinion.

To me military parades are more a demonstration of power than of pride. Their intent seems to be intimidation.

As for mostly naked gay men or women in vagina costumes parading through the streets.. I could do without those as well.

After the last 8 years, I have no objection to honoring our military. I'm just glad to see them back and getting stronger. It's been a long time since they got some positive recognition.

@2725071

"don't like to be labeled who cling to identity politics." They confuse the shit out of me.

@2725071

Best and most correct answer.

@2725118

I always call it as I see it and if you read through the entire post, it's obviously true.

Because they use victimhood for excuses to do whatever they like, sprinkle some social justice and you've got it.

Finns can do a parade.

I'm not officially eligible to fly a chopper, but I still have some... Favors in check. I might just as well have a go.

Hell why not....we can finally see Trump in his new state of the art Presidential Uniform and beret as he rides down Pennsylvania Ave on the back of a tank with a cigar in his mouth leading the crowd in a chant of "Kill! Kill! Kill!"

@2725086

I never said it was lit...it’s all part of the show.

@KvotheSavien Hell why not....we can finally see Trump in his new state of the art Presidential Uniform and beret as he rides...

Yeah, that's bullshit and you know it. Show a little respect for the military and you're evil but a bunch of wackos in nothing but thongs or dressed as vaginas and you right up there on the bandwagon.

@JerryHendrickson Yeah, that's bullshit and you know it. Show a little respect for the military and you're evil but a bunch of wackos...

Cities and towns have military parades honoring veterans and troops all the time. Veterans Day parades, Armed Forces Day parades, Memorial Day parades, Independence Day parades, Flag Day parades. The only bullshit I know is seeing people think that Trump's desire for a parade has anything to do with his respect for the military.

@KvotheSavien Cities and towns have military parades honoring veterans and troops all the time. Veterans Day parades, Armed...

Yeah, I just completely disagree on that. People are always too quick to condemn everything he does. Have a parade on a federal level is more awesome, a bigger stage.

@JerryHendrickson Yeah, I just completely disagree on that. People are always too quick to condemn everything he does. Have a parade...

You actually just agreed with me......"Have a parade on a federal level is more awesome, a bigger stage". Even you realize it's for nothing but spectacle.

@JerryHendrickson It's a bigger show of affection for the troops and EVERY parade is a spectacle.

It's about the intent of the spectacle though...and the intent here won't be known until it is seen. If it has to be done I at least hope he makes it more about the people and less about the weaponry.

We don't use taxpayer money A: and B: we're about construction of bonds not destruction and C: Big military parades are hallmarks of terrible terrible regimes in the past. Nazi Germany, North Korea, It's a sign of beating the drum for conquest and I really don't like that.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet This is why: +1Reply
@TomboyJanet We don't use taxpayer money A: and B: we're about construction of bonds not destruction and C: Big military parades...

What do you call the army of police and security needed to stop you maniacs from burning cars, smashing windows , and beating on people who dare disagree with you? LOTS of taxpayer money.

Speaking of pride...the US shows too much pride... On TV lately I noticed that every house had at least 4 American flags. And in thinking back on to fam/friend

@JerryHendrickson Yeah, TV is misleading on almost everything. Just one flag here.

I added to the above reply...the screen wiped out and didn't save...

I also said: America is very into sensationalism...the gays etc are so happening now.

And: nice to see you sticking around...

@Sukiesnow I added to the above reply...the screen wiped out and didn't save... I also said: America is very into...

Nice to have you back. I have to stick around. It's an outlet to pour out my feelings. When I get in too deep, I take a break.

@Sukiesnow Speaking of pride...the US shows too much pride... On TV lately I noticed that every house had at least 4 American...

But Sukes, why? Why can loonies go around burning cars, smashing windows, dressed as vaginas be accepted over honoring our military. It's crazy. Ya got one for me on that? (I exaggerated a little)