What the worst thing you were made to eat as a child?

For me-rissoles.

Image for post What the worst thing you were made to eat as a child?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Education
13 53

Beef stew.

@Carla Beef stew.

I thought that would have been yummy or was it because it was all a big mixture?

@OzSurfer I thought that would have been yummy or was it because it was all a big mixture?

It is the mixture.
The flavor of the beef infused into the potatoes and vegetables. Just not my thing.
I also do not care for vegetables to be cooked along side of a roast.

@Carla It is the mixture. The flavor of the beef infused into the potatoes and vegetables. Just not my thing. I also do...

Ah I see, thanks for explaining. When i was a kid i had to have all my food items separated, so no stew or soup for me.

@OzSurfer Ah I see, thanks for explaining. When i was a kid i had to have all my food items separated, so no stew or soup for me.

My brother was the same way .Nothing could touch .It was always funny.
He ate that way till he died at the age of 71.You put a smile on my face.
Thanks.

I was made to eat the fat on a lamb chop as my grandfather said it was the best part but I threw up.

@Carla Now...i like that. But just a tiny bit with each bite of the chop.

My grandfather did say I was a strange one, he understood me from an early age hehe smilie

I wasn't made to eat anything, but with a strong suggestion to eat turnips. Which I hate to this day.

@2725139

I really don't care for the smell. So metallic. But...i too, cook it for my dogs.

@2724673

Fortunately...my mother cannot stand liver.

@2724941

Oh...dad didn't cook. He was left to my mother's tastes.

@2724673

I'm so sorry rooster:]. I know you know that dv was an accident..

Brussels Sprouts - yuck I still won't go anywhere near one

@Flrdsgns Brussels Sprouts - yuck I still won't go anywhere near one

Yeah they're also the most awful thing I remember eating as a child, just the smell of them now makes me wanna puke!puke smilie
乂>_<乂

Pork chops.....I despise them.

@2724676

Yes my memories of the pork chops is this rubbery substance that like you said gave you about a 50% chance to live if you stuck it in your mouth and tried to swallow it. I used to get in trouble for trying to sneak it to the dog so I could still get dessert. I haven't eaten a pork chop since I was like 10, lol.

@2724681

Haha, dog torturer. It's obvious we didn't love our dogs because we were willing to sacrifice them so that we didn't have to eat a pork chop.

Lol, a person is struggling in the kitchen if they manage to traumatize someone from wanting to eat a potato again.

Alien liver biscuits, guano balls and cow nipple-mushroom soup.

I hated, and still do - okra.

baby food with pieces in it chopped up pieces EWWWW

There's not much I wouldn't eat except for my stepmother's cooking.
She would run an errand and I would make myself a tripledecker peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I would eat the burned hamburgers she made.
The worst thing was a tablet called "fizzies" that you put in water and it was supposed to be like a soda. Talk about chemicals - that stuff was just nasty!

Liver, plopped on a plate by my mother when I was a child and told that I would eat it before I got anything else. After delays, gagging, and tears I'd be offered something else in disgust, but was beyond any desire to eat by then...

Hamburger Helper.

Sweet potato.Made me gag.