Have you ever had any broken ribs? Ouch....

My husband has two broken ribs as we speak, and is in a lot of pain. How about you, ever had any broken ribs, if so, care to comment?

Image for post Have you ever had any broken ribs?   Ouch....
StarzAboves avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
11 32

I hope your husband's ribs heal up well soon Starz as yes broken ribs really really hurt, just breathing can be total agony and if you cough or sneeze ARRGGHH!!!
乂>_<乂

@2726100

You're cruel. lol Yep Karma kicked you in the ribs that time....

@2726104

A little bit evil....yeah right. The poor guy. lol

If I had done that to my hubby, I might be the one with a broken rib or two. lol

@2726100

I hope he tickled you back, hehe! 乂^◡^乂

@2726115

Ouch. Football is a dangerous game. I hope you have good health from now on.

Yes, several times (I was a dirt bike rider). Painful as hell them broken ribs.

Oh, yes. After my toes...most often broken bones.
Nothing can be done but to heal:(
Breathing, standing, turning....
Can't get away from it...

@Carla Oh, yes. After my toes...most often broken bones. Nothing can be done but to heal:( Breathing, standing...

I know from watching him how painful it is. For about a week he couldn't sleep in the bed, slept in a recliner chair. Very hard to get in and out of a car, etc. It just takes time to heal.

@StarzAbove I know from watching him how painful it is. For about a week he couldn't sleep in the bed, slept in a recliner...

Been in that position, too. Natural tendencies in bed do not treat broken ribs well. Bet even when he came back to bed, he had to about roll out.
Depending on which ribs will dictate on how long they will restrict him

I feel for him. They don't even tape them anymore. All you can do is pray for time to go faster. The drugs can help but a cough or sneeze let's you know they are not the real answer. 😊

@Will_Janitor I feel for him. They don't even tape them anymore. All you can do is pray for time to go faster. The drugs can help...

Thanks Will. You're right, they don't tape anymore, said there was nothing they could do, take pain pills and wait it out. And the sneeze and cough can really hurt.

I haven't but my mom has from chronic coughing. I didn't realize how painful that was till much later.

He hit the concrete.

@2726424

Yes, going out to get the morning paper, slipped and went down on his hands and knees. No bruises but broke two ribs.

@2726509

I'm so sorry, I know it can happen quickly without warning.

@2726500

That's true, nothing can mend a broken rib.

@2728923

Just be careful, broken bones can happen to anyone at any age.