+4

Neighbors physically but religion and caste make them aliens mentally

People living as neighbors become strangers when it comes to praying, socializing such as friendship, love and marriages. It is pathetic to see such mental alienation brought about by religions and other such social distinctions dividing people into groups who do not see eye to eye in many vial aspects of life leading to strained relationships between different denominations.

ezhils avatar Religion
0 10

What makes you think that religions are at fault?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

Please understand that religions were formed for human beings. Therefore your argument that humanism cannot go against religions is highly fanatic. I am not for comparison between religious belief and atheism. You must counter whether what is said about the adverse effects of religion is correct or not. Instead you are deviating from the main issue and trying to win the argument by some means.

The purpose of religions was to teach righteous conduct to people. But we see that religions are terribly misused to divide people leading to large scale violence in the world. What useful purpose religion serves now is not comprehensible.It has created only chaos. Why do people refuse to see reason in analyzing the present role of religions for the turmoil seen? Social, medical and other problems cannot be set right by theology and they should be tackled by only improving the social conditions . Religion has miserably failed in the experiment.

ezhils avatar ezhil Agree -1Reply
@ezhil The purpose of religions was to teach righteous conduct to people. But we see that religions are terribly misused...

So, you are against people having different beliefs, and they should all believe the way you do. Your beliefs are no different than those who preach radical Islam.

@JustJimColo So, you are against people having different beliefs, and they should all believe the way you do. Your beliefs are...

You have not answered any of my queries.I do not ask people to follow any ideology. As a responsible adult I only point out the follies prevalent in the society. Beliefs should not blind one's conscience.Religions cannot go against humanism you please understand. Religion cannot be a cause for killing of innocent people. But the reality is that happens quite often.If religion can create alienation so easily among people where is the need for such an institution in the first place? what was started by concerned people in good faith has become a trouble shooter now.

ezhils avatar ezhil Agree -1Reply
@ezhil You have not answered any of my queries.I do not ask people to follow any ideology. As a responsible adult I...

Of course religion trumps humanism.
God is greater than any human. God is better than any human. God is more important than any human.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply

You say humanism cannot go against humanism. That's no different that saying humanism cannot go against religions. You say that religion cannot be the cause of killing innocent people, while atheism has been the cause of killing millions of innocent people throughout the world in socialist/communist countries. You said that religion creates alienation. Whats so different between the alienation you claim religions cause and the alienation that atheists cause? Both have various beliefs. Some elements in a couple religions have radical beliefs that demand everyone believe the way they do, just as some elements of the atheist community have the same demands. What's the difference?

Anonymous