+11

Homosexuality =/= Bestiality

I shouldn't have to say this, right? It's pretty obvious. One is about having relationships with people, other is around raping animals. But guess what I heard the other day? Yup, a guy comparing bestiality to homosexuality. YAY for ignorance.

Image for post Homosexuality =/= Bestiality
Sofias avatar Animals & Nature
9 27

It's not ignorance, it's hatred it's when people want to compare one thing to something worse to make it look bad. They know it's not the same, it's just more insulting that way.

This is just a minority of irrational people trying to frighten the majority into their way of thinking. There's never any logic to people like this, it's all fear based and usually due to their own homosexuality that they can't come to terms with due to their upbringing.

@OzSurfer This is just a minority of irrational people trying to frighten the majority into their way of thinking. There's...

"usually due to their own homosexuality" - I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with this guy.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply
@Sofia "usually due to their own homosexuality" - I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with this guy.

I'm sure there are exceptions but from what I've seen it's usually the ones that either act morally superior or hatefully like this that are usually harbouring some kind of issue that's either socially unacceptable or isn't but they feel has broken their own moral code. I've seen it so often, not just online but in real life, especially in politics and religion. They tend to deal with it by judging others in a hateful and illogical way.

Lol, I've heard this before from people in my own family sadly. "Men marrying men? What so we should just let people marry whatever they want? Well maybe I want to marry my dog!"

I agree that it's comically facepalm worthy.

Sadly...many people, here, equate the two. It was very often heard when the legalization of same sex marriage was in the works. Hard to fathom why people's minds go where they do...

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +7Reply
@2726873

For one side, I agree with that method. But I also believe in correcting the lie when told in front of me. I don't like the idea of hearing someone spreading wrong information and that information being believed, when I could've stopped it with just a few words.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply

There are people on both sides of ANY issue, who will say anything to get a rise out of people. I doubt if many people believe what either side says when it comes to these crazy accusations.
Sometimes, these crazy accusations are said by people as a means to outrage people to further their own agendas. An example would be the waitress who claimed a patron refused to give her a tip because she was gay, and they wrote negative things on the receipt about gays. It made national news but was later found out to be a lie the waitress made up to get publicity. Take what some people say with a grain of salt.

@JustJimColo There are people on both sides of ANY issue, who will say anything to get a rise out of people. I doubt if many...

Exactly! Such a stupid thing to do. It's just counterproductive. When people figure out it's a lie (and chances are, they will), then it just makes harder for everyone to believe when something actually happens.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +5Reply

I certainly agree with the facepalm part. I've been hearing and reading those "slippery slope" comparisons for a long time now. It is unfortunate, that there ARE actually people who say they wish to marry their dog, and people who defend bestiality, incest and pedophilia.
I don't know any reasonable person, who actually believes that societal acceptance of homosexuals will lead to societal acceptance of any of those things.

This is seriously a claim? They are very clearly classified as 2 different things, in the dictionary and scholarship. People are always irrational about things they do not understand.

This brings me flashbacks of SodaHead. xp smilie
But yeah, it's a stupid argument (same as any other argument against homosexuality that I've seen so far).

Makes me sad it even has to be said.

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +2Reply

Just to throw gas on the fire:

How genetically different does a pair have to be, to be bestiality?
I mean, we (humans) are evolved from a primate ancestor ... and there is scientific evidence that there were multiple humanoid species that bred with each other. IE: Neanderthal and "modern man"

Homo Sapiens variance ~ 0.1%
Home Sapien and Homo Neanderthalensis variance ~ 0.3%

So was "relations" between HS and HN bestiality?
If not - how much of a genetic difference is required? Or is it based on some perceived level of intelligence or civilization?

Was thinking beasts do it doggy style

it's a genetically condition

Aloysiouss avatar Aloysious Disagree -1Reply