Do you take part in public opinion polls or surveys outside of those at Amirite.com?

PartyOfOnes avatar
8 39

Yes, telephone surveys!

@StarzAbove Yes, telephone surveys!

I worked at Zogby International (polling and survey company) for 10 years and loved it. It was truly interesting to find where people's thoughts were on political issues and major news interests. It's been rare when I'd get a call at home for those types of interviews, though - I take part in them whenever they're available.

Thanks for taking part in this, Starz - it's always been good to get your points of view :)

@2726936

Most of the time I'll participate with companies known to me when the general theme seems interesting. I won't do marketing surveys, though.

Thanks for taking part in this one, though - I always look forward to your point of view ;)

@2726959

Luckily I haven''t been bothered much for opinions by commercial businesses - I hope I haven't jinxed myself, now, lol.

Thanks for giving me some of your time, I'm grateful ;)

@2726990

Well, I'm glad you took part in this survey - I appreciate your time and effort ;)

@2726945

I used to get calls at home that were genuinely interesting but the few public opinion surveys I've responded to have been rare the last 3 years.

Thanks for giving your input, by the way - nice of you to take the time ;)

I've partaken in phone surveys in the past. Cannot remember now what they were for. I did them when the caller was pleasant. But haven't been called in a very, very long time.
I guess I am out of the loop. I get dizzy, anyway:]

@Carla I've partaken in phone surveys in the past. Cannot remember now what they were for. I did them when the caller was...

Some of the polls and surveys that I've done were so interesting that I was disappointed when the end came - I wanted more :)

I wonder if poll and survey firms have decided to get most of their responses via websites instead of the phone since few people have published numbers. I haven't had those calls in a very long time, either

Lol... I've been dizzy and ditzy my whole life :P

Thanks for your time and comment, Carla - I couldn't have had nicer company ;)

@PartyOfOne Some of the polls and surveys that I've done were so interesting that I was disappointed when the end came - I...

I think you are right about the website polls. Another human connection, lost.

And it is my pleasure, partyofone. Always:)

Yes, sometimes if I have the time

@Flrdsgns Yes, sometimes if I have the time

Some of them have been pretty interesting, the ones I've come across, anyway :)

Thanks for taking part in the survey... I appreciate your contribution ;)

Every once in a while, when I answer an unknown number call. They've usually been political issue sorts of polls, which I've also taken part in via email, when it's a legislator sending it.

@Piper2 Every once in a while, when I answer an unknown number call. They've usually been political issue sorts of...

I've done the same :) I've never been the most political-savvy person, but I've tried to maintain a certain amount of legislation awareness. High praise for you by keeping abreast of certain legislation you'd find important.

Thanks for taking part in this miniature survey :) I've always appreciated your willingness to contribute to some of my posts - it's been very nice of you to do that :D

I've never been asked my opinion on anything.
Just as well - I probably would refuse to answer.

@2726944

At a drive thru? Like at a restaurant? No! Never.

@2726970

Oh, on the receipt - OK, yes, yes - I do remember seing some of those. Dunkin Donut I recall promising a free donut if I did. Never took the bait though.

@2726970

Lol @ forgetting the food they owed you :D

@2727060

I used to do political polls and public opinion surveys for Zogby International for 10 years; toward the last few years I noticed a decline in the work I was getting through the call center. All I could think of was more of the respondents were submitting their views on web polls and not so much via phone - just a guess.

Naaahh, blacklist you? You're the embodiment of what pollsters are begging for, pinky-swear :D

Thanks for being here, doing what you do best - you're always a welcome plus ;D

We used to get Quinnipiac calls until they kept asking for the person with the next birthday. One of us only had a window of about 6 weeks and the other was the rest of the year. When I pointed that out to them they quit calling. I see their results on TV a lot but I know it really isn't a fair poll.
I mostly avoid polls so it is a rarity if I do answer them.

@ozzyboy We used to get Quinnipiac calls until they kept asking for the person with the next birthday. One of us only had a...

Aah, okay :) The polls and surveys that I've responded to have been very interesting, educational, and fun, some to the point I didn't want them to end :D Over the last three years or so, I haven't had one call come in that was of interest to me so mine's been a rarity as well.

Thanks for taking part in this loose version of a survey - I appreciate your input, truly :D

@2727162

LOL... very likely ;D

Thanks for sharing your time with me... nice to have you here ;)

Yes.I do frequently.

@hootowl Yes.I do frequently.

I used to as well - most of them were interesting and fun.

Thanks for taking part in this, I appreciate your response ;D

not at the moment