Sofias avatar Politics
6 39
@2727231

I hope more people talk and get angry. It should've happened way before it got this bad, but better late than never.

Crisis actors? Of course. Like how the children in Sandy Hook were also actors.
And after refusing to even talk about gun control, they considered porn a public health risk?

@2727230

You would think people are aware that doing nothing won't make a problem like this just vanish.

@2727280

This is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't. The people who will criticize arming teachers are the same ones who will criticize not arming teaches, based solely on the political affiliation of the person making the call.

@2727445

Politics, being what they are, will make people oppose any bold initiative by the other side in "fear" of it working. (Past experience has show that new "laws", don't change anything.)

@2727228

I wouldn’t call it a civilisation at the current rate this world is going. Just my thought.

@2727228

Why am I not surprised?

Yes...and our "president"?
He truly wants to arm the teachers. Give them a salary bump if they carry.
Dont pay them more because they are our youths educators. Pay them more to be security gaurds.
Let us imagine that. A shootout in the halls of our schools. A teacher with a pistol, a maniac with a weapon of war, with a death wish...guess who wins?
But please...let the manufacter and sale of these weapons continue. Its the american way, after all.....

@Carla Yes...and our "president"? He truly wants to arm the teachers. Give them a salary bump if they carry. Dont pay...

Wait, wait... I thought he was looking into banning "bump stocks" (or something like that)? Now he's going along with arming the teachers?

@Sofia Wait, wait... I thought he was looking into banning "bump stocks" (or something like that)? Now he's going along...

That is his main focus. Bump stocks, age restrictions, wait and see, that is lip service. He is beholding to the n r a. He will only do what is profitable to the firearm manufacturers.
Regardless of what the actual teachers want, that is his maga plan.
He said there are sooo many ex military people who are teachers and gun saavy. In his little mind, that is a solution.
How would you feel, as a student, to know your calculus teacher has a glock holstered to his ribs?

@Carla That is his main focus. Bump stocks, age restrictions, wait and see, that is lip service. He is beholding to the n...

I really hope it's not lip service this time. This could be something good if it happened.

That's just insane.

@Sofia I really hope it's not lip service this time. This could be something good if it happened. That's just insane.

It could be. But we have to realize who is driving the bus.
My hope is this helps propel people to the polls this fall. The only way to stop the madness, that is our leadership, is to vote to regain balance. Right now the scale is tipped.
You should listen to the n r a chief, wayne lapierres speech that he gave today. It is the mania that the administration and staunch conservatives listen to. Guaranteed it will serve to reignite the "democrats want to take away our rights" insanity.

@2727277

I just think there is a better way.
I see a punk who believes that someone has a gun and that teacher is blasted before they recognize a threat.
Stray shots hitting bystanders. People not able to discern the good guy from the bad guy.
A bad player in class, or six, disarming that teacher....

I would much rather see armed security gaurds at the entrances. Someone concentrating on protection, only.
Still....kids practicing active shooter drills, not knowing who may blast them, or where. There is something very wrong.

Carla, This is one of those arguments where you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I've never been much of an advocate of letting teachers be armed because I personally don't think many teachers are emotionally capable of, nor should they be in a position, to make life or death decisions. A school district 30 miles from me just passed a resolution to arm some teachers, and I think they are at least going about it the right way. The teachers will first undergo and have to pass, a psychological exam. Then they will have at least 40 hours of training in active shooter situations, range time, and other training. Time will tell if this helps. (That's actually more training than some security guards get)

I don't waste my time listening to these creeps.

@2727229

"mind conditioning attempt." - I don't understand what you're talking about. Can you explain, please?

@2727255

No, you didn't explain.
I didn't said or insinuated you were being hostile so I don't understand why you're claiming to not be hostile.
I asked what do you mean, because I don't understand what you're talking about. I thought you were speaking of something in the video and I wasn't understanding what was it.
What I did was specifying the topic of the post - which is about a previous post I made about the Mass Shooting in Florida. This post is a update of a previous post. Whatever you think I did, I have no idea what it is. So again, can you explain it? I still don't understand what you think is happening here.

@2727271

It's neither midly clever or lucky. That wasn't the point of it. I explained why I did it or why there was a "need" for it. it's just relating to the other post on the topic.

Thanks for explaining.