+26

This was an interesting article on political division inside a family. The father and daughter seem to have worked through their differences because of the value they hold for their relationship. I think that may be the case in many families. It may also be the reason that there is a bitter divide on internet relationships. Simply because there is not a strong enough relationship to withstand the emotional differences. I believe that we will remain a divided country until we as a people can increase our value of other people's beliefs, and relationships. JMHO

I saw the article and thought of my adult children. We all love each other and accept each other as we are. Generally we can talk about anything and they will even come to me for advice, except for politics. I can live very well with that. :)