+14

Wacky weather. Arctic experiencing warmest winter ever, Europe coldest. Doesn't matter if this is caused by humans or not, doesn't matter if humans can 'stop' it from getting worse. Only thing that matters is we treat each other as brothers and sisters and stop with the 'us' v 'them' nonsense. Love thy neighbor as thyself.

VicZincs avatar
10 18

Wouldn't that be nice, but whoever makes the first move will be conquered. Human nature.

Agree! I have scientist friends who have differing views on this, but they don't hate each other over it. (BTW, it's only 37 degrees at 8:30 AM here in sunny Cal cool smilie)

Uncle Vic.

Welcome to Finland. Let's see how this "warm Arctic weather" treats you. It's been cold as the Russian version of Hell for weeks.

It's a great sentiment and I wish it could be that way. How can it, when two sides strongly believe the exact opposite from the other on almost every issue?

I think it matters, but agree that the "'us' v 'them' nonsense" is more of an immediate concern, overall.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +1Reply

Nailed it! #noexcuses

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

I will also add that the us vs them mentality isn’t entirely human nature — in many cases, it’s adults. True human nature is that of a baby. Adults take advantage of babies’ helplessness and indoctrinate.

Exhibit A:

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

OK, I can agree with that.
I'm still not paying 'carbon taxes' though.

@Budwick OK, I can agree with that. I'm still not paying 'carbon taxes' though.

I doubt humans can do anything about it. Trying to 'correct' our past only leads to more heartache in my experience. We are on a course, let it go where it will.

@VicZinc I doubt humans can do anything about it. Trying to 'correct' our past only leads to more heartache in my...

You're right, humans can't do anything about it. Just like we had nothing to do with it initially. Climate has been changing for eons. It will continue to change.

@Budwick You're right, humans can't do anything about it. Just like we had nothing to do with it initially. Climate has...

Agree to disagree. Humans had a huge impact on it. Just like forests, algae, and volcanoes had/have impact. We just can't control the direction of that impact.

@VicZinc Agree to disagree. Humans had a huge impact on it. Just like forests, algae, and volcanoes had/have impact. We...

I should have known that all that fluffy - "Doesn't matter if this is caused by humans or not, doesn't matter if humans can 'stop' it from getting worse. Only thing that matters is we treat each other as brothers and sisters and stop with the 'us' v 'them' nonsense. Love thy neighbor as thyself." wasn't serious. You're just looking for another way to argue the point.

Vic, we haven't burned up, froze to death or drowned as 'climate scientists' have said we would. Their 'science' has been debunked over and over.

As I said, I agree climate is changing. It always has, it always will. We might survive the changes, we might not. Paying carbon taxes will not improve my odds.

@Budwick I should have known that all that fluffy - "Doesn't matter if this is caused by humans or not, doesn't matter if...

Totally agree with everything you have said,

except to idea that humans do not have an impact on the earth.

They do. We do.

We cannot help (or hurt) the earth, but we have a major impact on it. We are constantly changing its surface and more and more its depths. This has a big impact.

Even so, it does not matter. Do what you want.