+11

Who said it first? “I like taking the guns early, take the guns first, go through due process second.” Wonder which president said this? Was it Obama, as all the right-wing-nut-jobs had predicted for the last 9 years? NOPE! It was their fearless leader and godlike despot Mr. Donald Trump. He said it today. Oh you silly-silly people. You voted your own rights, right down the toilet when you electing this man.

Image for post Who said it first?  **//“I like taking the guns early, take the guns first, go through due process second.”//**  Wonder which president said this?  Was it Obama, as all the right-wing-nut-jobs had predicted for the last 9 years?  **NOPE!**  It was their fearless leader and godlike despot __Mr. Donald Trump__.  //He// said it //today//.  Oh you silly-silly people.  You voted your own rights, right down the toilet when you electing this man.
VicZincs avatar Politics
3 66
@2729030

All true but not an excuse for the people to sit idle while the most powerful person in the world continues to threaten to take away our rights, and in the case of immigrants succeeds.

@2729349

I realize there is a difference, in the minds of people who think that 'love your neighbor' only extended to the neighbors who look like them.

Rose are red
Tacos are enjoyable
don't blame immigrants because you're unemployable

@2729565

Gronk, my guess is you will never agree with an evidence I provide but in the interest of sharing ideas here is one of thousands of examples.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/natio...er-was-clearly

@2729675

Thanks Bozette. You are correct. Not a great example.

@2730096

What!

You are so of base here. This post is asking Trump NOT to take guns away, as he clearly said he wants to do!

This post is saying all the fools in the past who said Obama wanted to take gun away were wrong. It is TRUMP who wants to take guns away. That is what TRUMP said, not Obama.

@VicZinc All true but not an excuse for the people to sit idle while the most powerful person in the world continues to...

Not OUR rights Vic.
The right to gun ownership for crazy people.
.......
OK, maybe YOUR rights.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Not OUR rights Vic. The right to gun ownership for crazy people. ....... OK, maybe YOUR rights.

Droll.

It doesn't matter to me, nothing does.

But it should matter to you. You'd hate for some politico to decide you were so far gone that you no longer deserved 'due process' and could just be marginalized.

I can't see that taking gun rights away from the mentally deranged threatens anyone else. It's one step in the right direction but these loonies can still get them illegally. Maybe they will just resort to the Timothy McVeigh method more. People intent on killing will always find a way.

@2729343

Nice spin job now that it's Trump. Obama, ever since Sandy Hook, has been trying to pass gun legislation.

Pressure cookers? LMAO! What a pitiful stretch even for you Gronk.

@JustJimColo Bingo Jerry.

There's a damn typo up there that I can't fix. I hate that; it makes me look stupid.

@JerryHendrickson There's a damn typo up there that I can't fix. I hate that; it makes me look stupid.

Jerry, if people can't understand what you're saying due to a typo, they wouldn't be able to understand what you said without the typo. :)

@2729193

Exactly correct. Thank you Vic.

@JerryHendrickson I can't see that taking gun rights away from the mentally deranged threatens anyone else. It's one step in the...

Agreed. Being a devils advocate for a moment though, what if there comes a time in which we have a less than reasonable president. One with more of an Obama attitude that is willing to bend and twist the law to suit his needs. And, suppose that conservative thinking is deemed 'insanity'.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@JerryHendrickson Then there will surely be a revolution.

I get it and totally understand. But, on the other hand, when I look back 10 - 15 years, there's an awful lot that's already happened that I would have thought would have caused a revolt or simply been impossible. Something as simple as marriage is between a man and a woman would have been unquestioned not so long ago for example.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick I get it and totally understand. But, on the other hand, when I look back 10 - 15 years, there's an awful lot...

They had better wait until our generation dies off before trying to eliminate the 2nd Amendment. Things sure have changed a lot in a short period, I'll give ya that. I never cared about the marriage thing to be honest. It's weird but none of my business.

Ooh ooh, I know this one! Who is: the current president in the throes of a psychological breakdown, Alex!

@VicZinc dingdingdingding. That's right! Johnie, tell Fork what she's won!

Honestly, I think he was testing the waters to see if he could move the herd like Obama did. Obama was a maestro, when he mentioned gun control, the herd would rush out to buy as many guns as they could for fear they might lose them.

If Trumpy-Bear could exploit that same phenomena at the polls, he might turn the midterms in the favor of far right candidates.

Alas, he's a one trick pony. Everyone knows his tell; i.e. put the fire out with gasoline.

ROFLMAO... Only a radical liberal would condemn the very person who is doing what he has been screaming for, for years. You should love him Vic. He's doing the very thing the man you worshiped for the past 8 years didn't do a thing about. Personally, I'm not too worried about losing my 2nd Amendment under Trump.

I also believe in taking guns away from someone early when they show they are crazy. Now you are against this? LOL

@JustJimColo ROFLMAO... Only a radical liberal would condemn the very person who is doing what he has been screaming for, for...

Jim....i was going to say that very thing, in my own words, of course.
You say, due process for moore, trump, oreily, porter., etc.
Trump says, oh....we shouldnt wait for due process. So, who will decide and how?....you might be crazy, we are coming in, searching your property, and taking your weapons.
Trump also thinks that closed mental institutions should be revised.
So...under trump, the government chooses who is crazy, they are disarmed and institutionalized.
That, that is what he has said. Not all in one sitting, but that is what trump wants to see.
Fortunately, i think he is going to lose any power he has, to drag us into an abyss.

How can you keep excusing this guy?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla Jim....i was going to say that very thing, in my own words, of course. You say, due process for moore, trump...

Carla, How many police encounters had this kid already had? I totally believe in due process. Going in and taking this kid into custody and removing the weapons is part of the process in ANY case where a perceived danger to society exists, for police to take immediate action to determine if the threat is real. The Broward County Sheriff's Office says they were called to Nikolas Cruz's home 23 times -- twice for concerns that he might shoot up a school. Are you really going to say this isn't enough reason for the police to take immediate action?
Now are you saying the police should not follow these protocols simply because Trump said them, or do you really believe those actions should not have happened in this case?

You have to be consistent Carla. You just said, "Trump also thinks that closed mental institutions should be revised.
So...under trump, the government chooses who is crazy, they are disarmed and institutionalized."

Meanwhile you are saying mentally ill people should not be allowed to have guns. Who do you propose be the one who determines if a person is mentally unfit? The DNC? With one voice you criticize Trump for saying mentally ill people should not have guns and then say the government should not be allowed to determine who is crazy.

@JustJimColo Carla, How many police encounters had this kid already had? I totally believe in due process. Going in and taking...

I say that in order to have a gun, proper background checks need done.
The calls that sherriffs office recieved were of criminal nature. And yes...the police should have recognized that he was a threat and taken his weapons and had his state of mind analyzed. But....a very small number of mentally ill people become violent. More often they are the targets of violence.
Its like outlawing bumpstocks. Okay....cant be purchased. But what of all those that are already out there? Is it okay to search purchase records and confiscate them? Do you think the thousands of people that own them are going to turn them in?
Inpending on someones rights because someone has reported them isnt the proper course. Taking the report seriously and looking into that person is proper. If there is evidence, a doctor and judge agree, then yes, they should be relieved of their guns.
The person buying a gun today, should have to jump through more hoops. If their facebook page says they want to kill jews and african americans, i think that is a pretty good clue that they shouldnt be able to purchase a gun. This is a slippery slope. But...starting somewhere is far better than sitting on our collective hands.
Giving authorities carte blanche to declare someone mentally unfit, searched and seized and indefinately housed in an institution is simply... wrong.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla I say that in order to have a gun, proper background checks need done. The calls that sherriffs office recieved...

Carla, you said, "a very small number of mentally ill people become violent." That's true. The number of school shootings is also a very number but it has sure escalated the conversations and demands by a lot of people concerning getting rid of AR 15's. When it comes to mental illness, who is to decide what defines what mental illness is and what threshold of mental illness should prohibit people from owning a gun? It's a scary thought when you think about it. We've had some politicians who claim any soldier who has served in combat is mentally unstable. We've had some who claim homosexuality is a mental disorder. We've had some claim a person who has suffered from depression or has ADHD has a mental disorder. This is where we find ourselves in the Catch 22 situation. I think most of us are rational enough to believe a mentally ill person should not be able to buy a gun. Agreed? The problem is, that there isn't a clear definition of what a mental illness condition is and should it disqualify someone from owning/purchasing a gun. If it is not clearly defined and made unchangeable because of politics, we will probably find ourselves in a boat where someone would say that you, or I am unfit to own one.
Nobody who has a bump stock is going to turn them in, any more than people who bought high capacity magazines before they became illegal are going to turn them in in Colorado. (They grandfathered those in who bought them before the law changed, so that law is a joke)
You said that people who say they want to kill Jews and blacks on facebook shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns. What about those talking about killing whites and homosexuals? There are a LOT more talking about that than blacks and Jews (I know what you were saying) Do you really want Big Brother to be going through everyone's social media accounts and determining who is a threat to "The State?" If you aren't a supporter of some new "Patriot Act on Steroids", how could you support what you propose?
You said people should be required to jump through more hoops to buy a gun, but then you close with saying, "Giving authorities carte blanche to declare someone mentally unfit, searched and seized and indefinitely housed in an institution is simply... wrong." Whats the answer then Carla? Who determines who is unfit? What constitutes a threat?

When I have bought guns over the last 14 years +, I have had to give them my information and they ran a background check through the state of Colorado. The State of Colorado verified my ID and checked to see if I had any criminal record in Colorado or other states. What more do you want?

Everyone if the school shooters were whack jobs that were on someones radar and never reported.

Surely, you're not in favor of more slaughtered children, are you?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

Trump is not going to do shit, and you know it, Jim. He's just popping off and sooner or later somebody will have to rein him in, cue Miller. This is the same crap he tried to spin about immigration.

I am have always been against all gun control.

I liked Obama for many reasons and his (mostly) hands off policy on gun control was one of those reasons. I used to roll my eyes when you folks would claim that he was going to take our guns and lock us in FEMA camps. What chumps they were.

The constitution is sacred. Mark my words, Trump will erode the constitution faster than and president in US history. This is only the beginning.

He already wants to remove freedom of the press, freedom of speech, and privacy laws, now he wants to erode the 2nd amendment, not to mention search and seizure.

If anyone will use the FEMA camps it will be Trump.

@VicZinc I am have always been against all gun control. I liked Obama for many reasons and his (mostly)...

Post it to one of your sock accounts to get a thumbs up Vic. I know you better. Now I'm a "Chump"? Reverting to name calling are we? ROFLMAO. Vic, you and your sock accounts are no more than a joke anymore.

How many liberals will suddenly start supporting the NRA, after calling it a terrorist organization the previous week?

Then again, ANTIFA is a terrorist organization and they support that, so anything's possible.

@2729347

Eh Gronk's comment just further proves that she will always accuse anyone who does not worship Trump of being a 'liberal' even when that person has never asked for stricter guns laws and has consistently argued that there should be no gun laws at all, even when that person is bashing Trump for turning on his base?????? lol!!!!

@2730981

Whatever Gronk. Find one example of me ever saying there should be stronger gun laws.

I have not.

@2829325

I actually missed you Gronk. Welcome back.

@2829861

Nothing to debate. 2nd amendment is clear.

The righties were so afraid that Obama would take away their guns, and not once did he say he would do that. But now Trump is willing to take your guns without a second thought and not a peep out of the Republicans, why is that?

He may like taking them early and shucking due process but he won't get his way.

Vic, you have every reason to be concerned! Trump is interested in getting guns out of the hands of crazy people!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Vic, you have every reason to be concerned! Trump is interested in getting guns out of the hands of crazy people!

Bet when this kid goes to court, he is deemed fit for trial and if he pleads insanity, it doesnt fly.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Bet when this kid goes to court, he is deemed fit for trial and if he pleads insanity, it doesnt fly.

OK. Might have been easier to take his gun on one of those 46 visits from authorities investigating his crazy behavior.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

Ignorant Obama. Said,all you Christains take your Bibles guns and run.
He also said,if they bring a gun ,I'll bring a knife.