JustJimColos avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
9 44

The price has definitely made it so that I'd only want to go to see something really good, but the main reason is that I don't enjoy going on my own.

I've never gone much but whenever the wife wants me to see one with her, I do it. The little things count.

I probably go to a handful of movies per year. There's an inexpensive movie house in town, and if you smuggle in food it's not too bad.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge I still go to the movies regularly. +6Reply

I haven't gone to a movie in years - maybe a decade.
I miss the popcorn.
I used to love going to the movies. I never had a problem going on my own either.
The cost got out of hand.
The actors politics got out of hand. They seem hell bent on keeping it that way. I wonder why they think their opinion matters anymore than mine.
I've been to a few theaters on business. The audience members were like visitors from the cage side of the zoo! Loud, disrespectful punks. I can do without them too.

I DO miss the popcorn though.

@Budwick I haven't gone to a movie in years - maybe a decade. I miss the popcorn. I used to love going to the movies. I...

I finally went out and bought a theater popcorn machine, and get my supplies where the theaters get their's. LOL It's one of the very few ways I actually indulge myself.

@Budwick JIM! My old buddy! Hey, we ought to get together and ... eat popcorn!

The downside is that the flavored coconut oil comes in a 5 gallon pail and the popcorn comes in 50 pound bags. As much as I like popcorn, that's a lot. You can buy the individual 8 oz packs but they are a bit pricey for as much as I make. I made a trash bag full once and took it down and dumped it in my lake. The fish went nuts.

@JustJimColo The downside is that the flavored coconut oil comes in a 5 gallon pail and the popcorn comes in 50 pound bags. As...

Does it really taste like the real deal though?
I mean, I have a popcorn maker too, I have several kinds actually. I acquired them as I sought to recreate movie popcorn at home.

Alas, I came up empty handed and then, ... diverticulitis struck, and I'm not supposed to have popcorn anymore.

I figure I won't risk death, UNLESS I get the real deal! jolly smiliehehe smilie

@Budwick Does it really taste like the real deal though? I mean, I have a popcorn maker too, I have several kinds actually...

I bought my popcorn machine from an old theater in a small town that went out of business. It's the real deal. <s> It was still a little pricey but I got what I wanted.
It's all in the oil and additive, Flavocal. You can get it in a quart size. It's a powder you add while popping or shake on like salt. It is yellow.

@2730231

I should have added that option as well. Thanks.

I have gone out to a theater to watch a movie, just a few times in the last decade. Not that much more, in each of the decades before. No one particular reason why. I usually enjoy it, whether I buy the buttered popcorn, or not. :)

@2730329

" smack them upside the head." - clap smiliemaniac smiliehehe smiliethink smilie

Cost and content keep me from going plus that I don't want one dime of mine going to the hypocrites who make the movies.
Seeing the rebroadcast of pedophile Polanski getting the loudest applause at whatever award program last night makes me sick to my stomach. He should be in jail with a bunch of bubba's keeping him company like he did when he drugged and assaulted that girl years ago.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Hollywood got too political for me. +5Reply
@2730621

I'm still working on the Clinton rape charges and the
fact that the then president used the oval office as a brothel. His wife then intimidated the women he assaulted. Lets address that and then I will start considering the charges against Trump.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Hollywood got too political for me. +2Reply
@2730690

Proof? Speculation just doesn't get it. What a nasty, leftist thing to say about Hope Hicks.

Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones are pretty explicit about their attacks from Clinton.Give me a credible name of who Trump is to have raped that is not on the dems payroll.
Funny, computer wanted to change dems to germs - a bit of truth here?

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Hollywood got too political for me. +1Reply

Too damn expensive and it usually doesn't take all that long for a movie to come out to where you can stream it for half the price if not free. Plus the enjoyment of watching it from the comfort of home without having to put up with the noise other people are making.

That being said of course I still have to take the kids to see one on occasion and it's usually a $40-$50 date to see one movie.

KvotheSaviens avatar KvotheSavien It is just too expensive. +4Reply

Besides I have other ways to watch these movies

We sometimes go to our local $2 matinee with $1 hotdogs, even though they are the last to get the latest movies. We rarely attend the expensive movie theaters .... only when it's an absolute "must see" movie. At current prices, I'd rather save up for an occasional live play.

@JanHaskell We sometimes go to our local $2 matinee with $1 hotdogs, even though they are the last to get the latest movies...

They still show Rocky Horror Picture Show on Friday nights in Venice. costs a buck, and everyone dresses up as one of the characters. It's actually a lot of fun if you haven't gone.

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns I still go to the movies regularly. +2Reply

Great idea! We used to do something like that at the drive-in movie. But, now that's gone - sigh.

@2730609

IMO you're lucky to still have one available.

I don't think I've ever seen such unanimous agreement on a topic!
No one goes to the movies anymore!

@2730622

Is this the new progressive thing Flanders?
Shaming the poor?
How positively democrat of you!

@2730338

And I'm sure they enjoy talking to you.

[SECURITY! Get this groupie, hanger on out of here!]

@2730618

Your fake liberal 'compassion' is typical of the industry. Nothing changes, but you walk away feeling good about yourself for apologizing.

I get a laugh whenever they proclaim a movie a "hit" based on revenue. One person paying $20 for a movie today, equals 20 people paying $1 each years ago. So which movie had more viewers?

Walt_OReaguns avatar Walt_OReagun It is just too expensive. +2Reply

I am not much of a movie person, in the first place.

With so many different options of being able to watch a movie now, I don't have a urge to go see a movie.

I can cook, eat, relieve myself and not miss one ass backwards sentence by Yoda, while doing it..

@DandyDon With so many different options of being able to watch a movie now, I don't have a urge to go see a movie. I can...

And you don't feel bad about flushing $30 when the movie ends up being a loser, and you just change the channel.