Any 30+ people? What kind of things are easier to figure out or understand than when you were younger.

FinnishHighschoolMans avatar Life
5 27

Sometimes it's better to find the answers yourself, rather than believing all the answers you are told. You will find that the answers you were told, aren't always the truth.

@JustJimColo Sometimes it's better to find the answers yourself, rather than believing all the answers you are told. You will...

I have a tendency to question myself too much. You saying that gives a bit of courage. Thanks for that!

@FinnishHighschoolMan I have a tendency to question myself too much. You saying that gives a bit of courage. Thanks for that!

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and take a chance on your gut feelings. We've all made many of the same mistakes. It's actually kind of cool when you do, and learn from them. Some times you have to pee on an electric fence to find out it wasn't the smartest decision, but you won't make that mistake twice.

@JustJimColo Don't be afraid to make mistakes and take a chance on your gut feelings. We've all made many of the same mistakes...

Ah yes exactly Jim! Well you shouldn't making the same mistake twice that's for sure, although sadly I've come across many that do. 乂º︵º乂

@JustJimColo Hard to understand how some people can made the same "bad" mistakes over and over.

When you make a mistake you've got to first realise you've actually made that mistake, so you can think about how you'd avoid making that mistake again.

I think with some people they just don't think over their previous actions that well or they just blame everyone else for all their mistakes in life.
乂º︵º乂

Death.

It comes for all of us.

@2730530

Neither do many teachers that have to teach it.

I once saw a teachers' union demand that there be a 4-year phase-in period for Common Core, so that the teachers could learn it.

@2730586

Naah... the sun only has a finite lifetime too.

A bit longer than ours perhaps, but nevertheless finite.

@2730639

Sure. The metaphors are straightforward enough; I was just (unromantically) commenting on their literal accuracy.

Catullus might be excused for not knowing what the sun did after it set, but Raleigh, who knew the world is round, would also have known that after the sun set, it was merely illuminating the other side of the Earth. But Raleigh was facing execution by beheading when he wrote his version, so he can be excused too.

@2730711

Well, Warhol did pretty well with soup cans (in my opinion, of course). biggrin smilie

https://www.art.com/products/p4...yABEgLI-_D_BwE

@2730837

See you later...

Oh, one last thing... when it comes to romantics, I'll take the poems of Shelley over those of Raleigh or Catullus anytime.

"Ozymandias" for example. Wow... just wow.

That you used to get stressed out about stupid things that really didn't matter, and now you just sit back and watch everyone else and try and calm them because they all seem to have to go through what you did.

I'm double that.No idea!

Oh, heck, I knew all the answers to everything when I was younger.

Things got fuzzier after that, however. think smilie

@Thinkerbell Oh, heck, I knew all the answers to everything when I was younger. Things got fuzzier after that, however.

Wow Thinker you know that's how I felt when I was younger, I knew everything! To be honest I couldn't be told any different at one point, my answer was always the right answer, end of conversation.

But yeah the more knowledge obtained in my life the more confusing (fuzzier) everything has got and quite often an even bigger question has come about from knowledge that I've obtained, lolz. 乂ᵒ .ᴼ乂

@Ada Wow Thinker you know that's how I felt when I was younger, I knew everything! To be honest I couldn't be told...

It's getting fuzzyer alright. That's why im bouncing my thoughts at other people including you guys.