+9

I find it odd and even a bit hypocritical that so many conservatives think Al Gore and his global warming pitch is nothing more than a cash grab hoax...while at the same time they have no problem using the internet that he invented.

If you're conservative and logged in and responding to this post you're obviously a huge Al Gore fan. He appreciates your support.

Image for post I find it odd and even a bit hypocritical that so many conservatives think Al Gore and his global warming pitch is nothing more than a cash grab hoax...while at the same time they have no problem using the internet that he invented.
KvotheSaviens avatar Jokes & Humour
7 27

Ha! I do hope most people know, that Al Gore didn't actually say that he'd "invented" the internet.

hmm smilie Wait...Al Gore created the internet?

I know it's a joke, but ... for those actually interested in when the internet began:

Nikola Tesla toyed with the idea of a “world wireless system” in the early 1900s, and visionary thinkers like Paul Otlet and Vannevar Bush conceived of mechanized, searchable storage systems of books and media in the 1930s and 1940s.

The first practical schematics for the Internet would not arrive until the early 1960s, when MIT’s J.C.R. Licklider popularized the idea of an “Intergalactic Network” of computers. Shortly thereafter, computer scientists developed the concept of “packet switching,” a method for effectively transmitting electronic data that would later become one of the major building blocks of the Internet.

The first workable prototype of the Internet came in the late 1960s with the creation of ARPANET, or the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network. Originally funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, ARPANET used packet switching to allow multiple computers to communicate on a single network. The technology continued to grow in the 1970s after scientists Robert Kahn and Vinton Cerf developed Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol, or TCP/IP, a communications model that set standards for how data could be transmitted between multiple networks.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.b62ab3b7ab9e

Whatever he did, Gore is a pompous a*s. biggrin smilie

Whoa there, Trump thinks he invented the internet, at least Twitter. lol

Denial of science doesn't mean it's not true.
It means you are part of the problem.