+3

I think Jordan Peterson is one of the wisest thinkers to emerge in a while. A celebrity I can celebrate for a change :D

I'm halfway through his newest book. fantastic stuff!

FinnishHighschoolMans avatar Philosophy
2 6

Anybody afraid of political correctness is a pansy.

I'd never heard the man's name until you just posted here so I can't really tell you my opinion of his work.

I did find a thought provoking article about an interview he did:
https://www.theatlantic.com/pol...terson/550859/

...So I watched the 29+ minute youtube video included in it, titled: "Jordan Peterson debate on the gender pay gap, campus protests and postmodernism"

And as a woman (not that my gender should matter but evidently it does), I enjoyed his commentary, I very much agree with everything he said.

Thanks for mentioning him, I likely would never have found this otherwise.

@ForkNdaRoad I'd never heard the man's name until you just posted here so I can't really tell you my opinion of his work. I...

Don't forget to check out his yt channel. He has a lot of interesting speeches and lessons there. Also QnA stuff. The book is absolutely fantastic. I really recommend it for everyone. https://www.youtube.com/channel...xp8TtlOkHwMV9Q

I'm not much into celebrity status - Peterson is, big time.
But, I like that he is the scourge of political correctness.
It's fun to give snowflakes life threatening heart palpitations.

@Budwick I'm not much into celebrity status - Peterson is, big time. But, I like that he is the scourge of political...

The book is great also it's not too expensive. I would guess most people visiting this site would be interrested in great thinkers of the age.

@FinnishHighschoolMan The book is great also it's not too expensive. I would guess most people visiting this site would be interrested in...

"I would guess most people visiting this site would be interrested in great thinkers of the age." - My experience here has taught me that there are factions here that appear to be incapable of thought - at least original thought. And, would not likely hold any truly great thinker in high esteem.

But, thanks for sharing your find! I'll check it out.