+16

Authors here should be able to separate their posts into paragraphs.

I recently saw a post from a person from Finland. It was a long one and the format didn't allow for this person to separate it into paragraphs. I forced my way through it; although, it was hard on the eyes. It was strange but interesting. Many people just didn't read it because it was many thoughts crammed into one block. Can we change this Amirite?

Image for post Authors here should be able to separate their posts into paragraphs.
JerryHendricksons avatar Language
12 49
@2730744

You're one that said he couldn't read that particular post actually. I don't know if it would be a PIA to change or anything but if it's easily remedied, why not? Maybe Vic will come on here; he seems to be well written and he's a moderator.

@2730749

I figure Vic had James' ear better than I. James doesn't come on here. He just put this place here for us.

@2730746

Hey what is the problem? I just played by hitting
enter spaces as needed

nonesense keys herekhkhkhkh khj
lljljljljljhkhkhlhlkhlk

enter enter space space space enter. there is your paragraph. Now if anyone knows where to split a block of text no problem.

1. I should have thought of this immediately

2. I took old fashioned typing classes as a kid.
3. Everything was manual then.

4. nonesense keys herekhkhkhkh khj

5. nonesense keys herekhkhkhkh khjlkjlkjlkjljljlzip smilie

Agree. this suggestion has been made to the developers and is slated for the next release.

@2730824

"Slated" mean "On the schedule."

@2730743

How about <> or --__+= %$#@!any symbol will soon be recognised by those of us looking

@2730777

If I'm remembering correctly, you can't.

@2730814

Except for in comments, I never have either. I do seem to recall putting a space between sentences once in the explained by box once though, and it not being there after I'd posted. I've seen other people mentioning it, as well.

I've always been an advocate of white space...

My penchant for penning novels on these sorts of sites has been curtailed by this particular feature, or, lack thereof.

Don't ever make posts that long. Ever.

@JerryHendrickson Extremely short attention span?

I don't come to amirite to read novels. The site wasn't created for long form posts.

@2730832

You don't think it's easier to read things that are separated into paragraphs than a big block of words?

Isn't that possible? Use enter key or space or tab or - Seems a clever person can always make his wishes show up. >> << do something every time and we will begin to recognise your style.