VicZincs avatar Politics
3 43
@2731174

That is actually not the case. Due to cultural differences many (even most) do not marry, do not have bank accounts, or drivers license (If they had a drivers license that is ID).

@2731185

Vast majority. Who knew. Are you friends with them or is that what you heard?

@2731202

I do not. I know the people in my circle, most of whom do not have drivers licenses or IDs. They can go to DHS and get assistance without ID. They can vote in my state without ID. And they can get jobs, without ID.

@2731252

Lots of under the counter jobs here.

@2731273

I thought we were talking about minorities as I was responding to your counter to Logan's comment. Are 'blacks" the only minority in Flint? Last I read 'blacks' were the majority in Flint.

@2731281

Your first comment, a question for me, referenced blacks. Neither Logan's comment nor your response to him did, both referring only to minorities.

Actually, I do not live in a 'hellhole', I live in near paradise, and this city does not oppress any group, we celebrate diversity and understand that not everyone needs to live up you your draconian expectations of normal, not everyone needs to behave as you do and not everyone needs to follow your prescription for a happy life.

Why you feel the need to attempt to berate me and my city to bolster your indefensible argument is a mystery. The answer, I suppose, is known only in your deepest soul of souls.

It seems to me that a city that is 56% 'black' is majority black and of course the 'normal' for the minority culture would then revert to the 6% of those living in Flint who choose to identify themselves as 'non-white' and 'non-black' peoples.

Of those 6%, those most likely to be disenfranchised as voters, may I reiterate the point of this post, "don't let that happen."

If you want to pretend that such disenfranchisement is impossible in this day-and-age then I suggest you close your eyes and click your heels together three times, repeat after me, "there's no place like Flint, there's no place like Flint..."

@2731290

And you seem to be implying that the stylized Hollywood phrase "show me your papers" is a reasonable and legitimate requirement in a free society. I hope I am wrong about your intent.

@2730977

Not worth a response.

@VicZinc Not worth a response.

And yet, you did - and poorly.

Sucks when your bias is shot down with a few facts presented by a well reasoned, articulate person, eh?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@VicZinc Not worth a response.

And yet you did, AGAIN! - and poorly.

@2731861

Actually my joy comes from seeing that those suspected of racism here can't even get past it enough to agree with a simple statement of history and a simple wish for continued progress.

@2732132

I repeat. Don't let the US slip back.

@2732359

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who are the "you liberals' that you keep referring to?

What makes you think this post has anything to do with Trump. In fact you yourself have accused "you liberals" of promoting policies that are racist, so clearly YOU see a possibility of 'slipping back' if "you liberals" get there way.

Do me a favor and agree with this post (assuming you think the progress is positive and you don't want "you liberals" to ruin it) and then move on to a post that actually says something you disagree with.

@2731860

Gronk, the concept of dixiecrats and the party of Lincoln has been studied ad nauseum. It is well understood by anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skills. It only persuades the listener that the speaker really does not understand the true nature of American politics. So keep taunting it, it says a lot about your level of understanding.

Brave people.

I'm afraid that's what's happening to us, Vic. With this president and all the corruption he's brought into the White House, things will turn very ugly again, soon, unless the Republicans step up to the plate and do something about all of the scandals and lies, and his ties to Putin.

I don't think we are slipping back at all though. I was only 3 months old at the time. (just a little unrelated factoid)

@2731229

In 1952 Robert Byrd said he had joined the Klan because it was anti-communist.

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made. Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan."

In his autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions."

Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

@2731870

Gronk, I am not and never have been OK with Bill Clinton's actions nor do I personally care about DTs sex life. Never posted about it here or anywhere else.

And no, not ALL liberals are as you describe. Frankly I find the way you responded says more about the way some conservatives view the world than it does about the liberal agenda.
Not all liberals are idiots and clearly some Amirte members are.

Anonymous