+25

It doesn’t matter if you are liberal or conservative. One thing we all hate, are telemarketers and phone scams.

Law enforcement can trace a call to a kid who calls into a school within minutes. They can also triangulate a call made from a cell phone. Why can’t they set up a task force targeting criminal phone scams and telemarketers? The US’s “Do Not Call List”, is a joke. I’ve been on it for over 10 years and I still get the regular calls from, “Hello. My name is Heather with account services….”. These call’s must very successful in targeting the elderly and less informed. Why doesn’t law enforcement actually go after them? How much is lost to taxpayers in $$$ and time from these scams? Of note, government phone numbers and large businesses rarely receive those kinds of calls. Why can’t they fix it for the rest of us?

JustJimColos avatar People & Celebrities
13 24

I have fun with them. Toilet flushing or pretending that I'm ridiculously excited by the call. Acting drunk is fun too.

For sure. It is supposedly pretty hard to "catch" the scammers, due to their increasingly wily ways of avoiding identification.

I do get a quite of few those calls, on my landline. Sometimes when I notice the same number calling relentlessly, I will answer and just say if they call again, I'll report the number. Sometimes it works...

@Piper2 For sure. It is supposedly pretty hard to "catch" the scammers, due to their increasingly wily ways of avoiding...

I know the technology exists and it is available to law enforcement. What doesn't exist is a push to use it for this.

In one day I had 17 calls.

I’ve never met anyone who likes fake calls.hehe smilie

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

YESSSSSSS

My brother in law has the best answer to those jerks. He just answers with " Tucson Sheriff's department, can I help you?"

dru18s avatar dru18 Agree +1Reply

Yes I do hate those unsolicited calls, also political calls should be banned as well - but hey that website to block callers is probably the list they use to make calls

That surprises me - The Brits are usually very nice to animals, their veterinarians must go to school lots longer than in other countries. Always a bad seed in every situation. He should never hit the dog with a post like that, unless it is killing him, which is not what I see.

I get a lot of scammers, and now I've been saying, "Hello, you've reached the ___ police station, how may I direct your call?" lol They hang up ASAP. lol

On my cell phone, I use an app called Mr. Number. It blocks numbers identified by other users as Scams, etc. You can also block selected numbers yourself. It works well.

I don't know of anything like that for land lines. Our provider has a 'feature' we can block up to 30 numbers - whoop-de-doo. And, I have to online to enter the numbers - not user friendly.