+25

It doesn’t matter if you are liberal or conservative. One thing we all hate, are telemarketers and phone scams.

Law enforcement can trace a call to a kid who calls into a school within minutes. They can also triangulate a call made from a cell phone. Why can’t they set up a task force targeting criminal phone scams and telemarketers? The US’s “Do Not Call List”, is a joke. I’ve been on it for over 10 years and I still get the regular calls from, “Hello. My name is Heather with account services….”. These call’s must very successful in targeting the elderly and less informed. Why doesn’t law enforcement actually go after them? How much is lost to taxpayers in $$$ and time from these scams? Of note, government phone numbers and large businesses rarely receive those kinds of calls. Why can’t they fix it for the rest of us?