How much more can Trump lie, and how much more can we take? (Or, that piece of shit in the oval office just removed the ban on trophy hunting)

The White House just rolled out it's gun suggestions, and guess what, lowering the age, and background checks didn't make the cut. Surprise?

Also, that piece of shit occupying the oval office will be rolling back the ban on trophy hunting animals who are on the endangered list, specifically elephants and lions.

Robert Muller, the whole country looks to you.

Image for post How much more can Trump lie, and how much more can we take? (Or, that piece of shit in the oval office just removed the ban on trophy hunting)
dru18s avatar Law
6 81

Does that surprise you? He just gave his sons a gift. That is what that is about. It will always ever be about him.

Well once we've gone so low, we can only go up

He won't be president forever. Thank God for small favors like 2 term limits

Looking at the NPR story you posted, it's really not clear that Trump is a villian here. According to the article:

In a memo dated March 1, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said that in place of the Obama-era blanket ban, the agency will consider importation permits "on a case-by-case basis."

the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Obama administration had acted improperly in implementing its ban.

The memo:

"In response to the D.C. Circuit Court's opinion ... the Service hereby withdraws, effective immediately, the 2014 and 2015 Endangered Species Act (ESA) enhancement findings for trophies of African elephants..."

So it looks to me like the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service was forced by the courts to set aside the Obama era ban, so until or unless a legally binding ban is put in place, there is no ban, so Fish and Wildlife has no choice but to consider requests on a case by case basis. But it is completely within their power to say no in every case.

As for Trump,

It is also not clear what role was played in the decision by the president, who has publicly expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban.

@2732417

nicely swallowed.

@Maze Looking at the NPR story you posted, it's really not clear that Trump is a villian here. According to the...

So, with that complete and reasonable explanation I've learned that the original post by the OP is hyperbole, twisted facts and lies!

Fascinating.

@Budwick So, with that complete and reasonable explanation I've learned that the original post by the OP is hyperbole...

Budwick his administration lifted the ban last weekend. Where are you having a problem?

He has NOT expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban!!!

He tried to lift the ban several months ago and got tremendous push back. Now he sneakily lifted it this weekend.

@dru18 He has NOT expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban!!! He tried to lift the ban several...

When I said Trump "has publicly expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban," it was a direct quote from the NPR article you provided.

@2732738

When I first took a look at this post, there were less than half the number of comments than listed. Seems a slew of them disappeared.....

@2733031

I see.....thanks. I was wondering what happened.

@2732738

Oh, okay, he had replied to me commenting on the "article" I had provided him and I was doing a little head scratching.

Thank you for providing those and giving evidence, that once again, yes, Trump is an empty vessel that has to be guided. Usually by people that are worse than he is.

No, I don't think so.

The NRA and the Safari Club won a lawsuit in December regarding the ban, and of course, Trump reversed his stand on the matter.

@dru18 No, I don't think so. The NRA and the Safari Club won a lawsuit in December regarding the ban, and of course...

I frankly don't understand why someone would want to hunt an elephant. But I am aware that if there's money to be made by having a healthy elephant population that can sustain hunting, that's probably a stronger motivation for doing what's necessary to have a healthy elephant population than any kind of ethical considerations. I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow populations are doing just fine.

@Maze I frankly don't understand why someone would want to hunt an elephant. But I am aware that if there's money to be...

I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow populations are doing just fine.

Oh wow, is all I can say. Are cows on the endangered list, because when they make that list then we can seriously consider that last statement of yours.

You do realize that none of that money from the hunts is making its way into conservation? That money will end up in the pockets of the corrupt governments of Africa, especially Zimbabwe.

@dru18 I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow populations are doing just fine. Oh wow, is all I can say. Are cows on the...

Cows might be on the endangered list if they had been seen as a liability rather than an asset.

The biggest threats to elephant populations are habitat loss and poaching, those things will happen without any legal hunting. What legal hunting can do is provide an incentive to make sure there are elephants to hunt.

I don't like it, but hunting could be the only thing preventing elephants from becoming extinct. Because as the human population in Africa grows, elephants are increasingly being seen by average Africans as something that destroys crops: a liability.

A corrupt government won't care about habitat if there's no money in it for them, nor will they have anything to gain by going after poachers.

@Maze Cows might be on the endangered list if they had been seen as a liability rather than an asset. The biggest...

Once again, I am not against hunting IF the numbers are healthy.

You are acting like lifting the ban will help with conservation, and I am telling you that it won't.

No, actually elephants bring in tons of tourist dollars, as do lions. If both animals continue to shrink in numbers at the present alarming rate, they can kiss that revenue and the jobs that go with it, goodbye.

A corrupt government won't care about habitat, period!

@dru18 Once again, I am not against hunting IF the numbers are healthy. You are acting like lifting the ban will help...

If it was up to me, nobody would hunt elephants. If banning imports of elephant parts helps preserve their population, great, ban them. I'm just saying you shouldn't automatically assume that banning all hunting of a species will save it.

@Maze If it was up to me, nobody would hunt elephants. If banning imports of elephant parts helps preserve their...

Of course not, because you still have poaching to deal with.

But banning wolf hunting in this country for many decades certainly helped that species.

@2732458

Raves the one who is constantly putting them up without knowing what the hell he is talking about.

@2732445

So losing gorgeous animals to moral lacking idiots, (Trump's sons) is somehow boring?

I just recently heard about this, which I find a little odd. I'm not surprised about the reversal of the reversal of the ban on the import of elephant, lion and other animal "trophies", though.

The court ruling the FWS referred to in their statement, was brought about by a lawsuit filed by Safari International and the NRA, two powerful trophy hunting advocates and lobbyists. The FWS in under The Department of the Interior, which is headed by an avid sport hunter. Then of course, we have Trump's trophy hunting sons...
Funny how one of the reasons used in the court ruling in support of reversing the Obama administration ban, was lack of inviting public comment. Seems to me, that this latest move was pretty hush-hush.

@dru18 On Saturday when nobody was paying attention.

I missed the brief after the fact comments about it, by the White House press secretary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.05486b05017e

@Piper2 I missed the brief after the fact comments about it, by the White House press...

Oh Sanders is a pro at that.

Maybe things will change. But first you have to give a shit, something Trump is incapable of doing.

@2733032

So it seems, and it's sure as hell not okay. :/

Just when we think he has hit bottom, he goes deeper. Screwing around with a porn star, does exactly what the NRA tells him to do, in bed with Putin, what's next? The man is as corrupt as they come, and why anyone still defends him is beyond the pale.

@dru18 And firing just about everyone in his cabinet. Don''t forget that one.

Exactly, and the way he fired Tilleson is so cruel. By twitter. What a low class person Trump really is.

@StarzAbove Exactly, and the way he fired Tilleson is so cruel. By twitter. What a low class person Trump really is.

I saw today with complete disgust. Nobody will last long with that moron. They are either being fired or jumping ship.

@dru18 I saw today with complete disgust. Nobody will last long with that moron. They are either being fired or jumping ship.

Trump's right hand guy was fired today and was escorted out of the building, didn't even have time to get his coat, and now he's an adviser in the Trump campaign. Go figure. Another crook!!!!

@2732459

You know where the door is.

@2732635

If that is how you get your giggles, go ahead, although I would suspect everyone knows the story by now.

@2732653

Nope, didn't even notice.

And once again, NOPE, not worth the click.

@2734155

I would wait for the film version, myself. :)

@2734219

A little surreal mixed in with horror and science fiction.

Yes, it is Oscar worthy.

@2732297

What part? It happened over the weekend when no one was paying attention.

@dru18 What part? It happened over the weekend when no one was paying attention.

Still no source. I'm not starting a debate with you, Dru, but I'm getting tired of people bashing Trump.

Do you think this nation would be better off if another Clinton took office?

@2732340

Chicago Tribune? Lol. You stepped up to the plate. What else you got?

@Azlotto Chicago Tribune? Lol. You stepped up to the plate. What else you got?

What will it take, az. An affidavit signed by trump and overnighted to you?

You complain about trump bashing. Maybe he is bashed so much because his supporters continually turn blind eyes to his idiocy.

@Carla What will it take, az. An affidavit signed by trump and overnighted to you? You complain about trump bashing...

"An affidavit signed by trump and overnighted to you?"

LMAO, Carla. I would have that framed.

It's sad and pathetic that good Christian people, or so they say, continue to support this adulterous person. He doesn't care who gets killed or he would do something for the American people instead of the NRA, stops doing what Putin says.....

He's the most corrupt president we've ever had.

@2732297

It was on Fox as well.

@2733628

I'm trying to figure out what he didn't lie about, actually.

@2734557

I'll list a few off the top of my head. There are thousands more (literally). Here are some: He'd spend all his time at the White house and "never" golf, He'd protect Social Security and Medicare, He'd get Mexico to pay for "The Wall", He'd bring coal back, He's not a sexual predator. Also, here's a decent list: https://www.nytimes.com/interac...umps-lies.html

@2735273

There's really nothing funny about it.

@2733628

What I posted. He was for the ban back in November for no other reason, except that he liked elephants.

But with the NRA and the Safari Club winning their lawsuit against the ban in December, he has reversed his stand on the matter. As he always does.

@2739238

Well you sure as hell won't get it from Fox News.

HE and his ilk need to go.

@Trish HE and his ilk need to go.

That is why I actually hoping he DOESN'T get impeached but rather voted out, so the whole damn outfit goes.