+15

"Spanking is the easy way out for parents who aren't creative enough to find other ways to discipline." Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Life
12 46
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've seen too many kids who weren't disciplined, and it reflects in their behavior. I've also seen too many adults who weren't disciplined and learned no self discipline. It is also often reflected in their behavior. Time outs didn't work 30 years ago and they don't work today.

@JustJimColo Discipline and respect are never outdated.

I didn’t say discipline or respect

I’m saying spanking and other methods of physical pain

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I didn’t say discipline or respect I’m saying spanking and other methods of physical pain

Are you saying teachers should not be allowed to spanks students as well?

@JustJimColo Are you saying teachers should not be allowed to spanks students as well?

teachers no they are paid to know ways to control kids. Nuns whacking hands was not nice but those kids paid attention.

@JustJimColo My first year of school was in a Catholic school. Nuns had riding crops. I kept my mouth shut.

JJ so there you go it did work didn't it. I never knew they went to riding crop s . Just think if it was today they would have tasers.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred JJ so there you go it did work didn't it. I never knew they went to riding crop s . Just think if it was today...

This was back in 1960. I only saw one kid get whacked with it, but everyone else saw it as well. Just seeing it was effective enough to keep me in line.

I dont have kids, so i cannot speak of what doesnt work.
I know i got it with a belt, from my mother, when i was bad. Kept me in line when she was looking.

@2732582

Kids can sent mothers over the edge:[

@Carla Kids can sent mothers over the edge:[

Ya my mom used to say she would go get a pillow and pound on it instead of me when i was a baby. Soon as I got a brain words were all I needed.

@2732582

That was awful, bet you stopped what you were doing right??

I don't remember being spanked as a child, but I do remember being threatened. I did spank my kids when they deserved it. Just with my hand, and they grew up fine..... If more parents spanked their kids now, we wouldn't have so many kids disobeying any kind of authority. My kids knew they would be spanked when they disobeyed, so we never had a problem. The never ever rebelled against us. I would definitely recommend it to any parent.

Though some contend any form of physical correction equates to child abuse, there is a giant chasm between a mild spanking properly administered out of love and an out-of-control adult venting their emotions by physically abusing a child.

Corporal discipline should only be applied in cases of willful disobedience or defiance of authority—never for mere childish irresponsibility. And it should never be administered harshly, impulsively, or with the potential to cause physical harm.

I've always thought so...but some kids really test ones creativity...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +3Reply

"My parents were spanked and paddled in the 50s. They grew up fine and never laid a hand on me.
Still, it is my firm belief that spanking a child is completely unnecessary. It doesn't teach any lesson other than 'don't get caught' and 'it's okay to hurt people if I feel they deserve it.' Spanking is the easy way out for parents who aren't creative enough to find other ways to discipline."

http://www.amirite.com/791442-p...-still/2296673

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2732332

Funny I never got spanked just the threat made me behave - while it did nothing to my sister she got licked about every day for one thing or another.

@2732530

Exaaaaactly

Thank you

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2732530

JD you are perfect in every way right!

@2736572

frown smiliehug smilieo_o smilie wish we had better smilies

spanking is successful . Not beating but fast slap on the bum never hurt a kid. Gets their attention faster than yelling 1 2 3 or all that.

Usually, yes.

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne Yeah You Are +1Reply

Surely there's other ways to teach discipline and consequences

@fuzala Surely there's other ways to teach discipline and consequences

What other ways? I young child is like a puppy not much brain yet, so a simple tap gets their attention - your words don't mean much to them.

Sometimes ... but not always. Sometimes a spanking gets the message across, when talking or other punishments have failed.

Anonymous