+15

I just read about a Jr High Science teacher in Idaho, who fed a live puppy to his snapping turtle in front of his students. That's pretty sick and disturbing to me.

It's tough to even express how much acts of sadism like this outrages me.

PRESTON, ID (RNN) – A junior high school science teacher is under investigation after he allegedly fed a puppy to a snapping turtle in front of students.

A local animal activist filed an animal cruelty complaint, KSTU reports, triggering an investigation into the incident by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies said Preston Junior High science teacher Robert Crosland fed a live puppy to a reptile last week. The puppy was reportedly sick, according to KSTU.

In a news release, Preston School District 201 Superintendent Marc Gee said the district was made aware of the “regrettable circumstance” on March 7. Gee said the event occurred after school and was not part of a school-directed program.

Crosland has not been cited or charged in the matter, nor has he been placed on leave, according to KSTU.

“While the district certainly does not condone individual actions that may violate district policy or reasonable expectations of behavior, we hope that any errors in judgement made by a teacher in this instance will not cause us to forget the years of care, effort, and passion the teacher has given to students in Preston School District,” Gee wrote.

Here is the email link to the school. I sent them my "thoughts".
curtis.jenson@psd201.org